Is it ok to give in to my fast food craving??

Options
Every so often I crave a big mac meal or something similar. Is it ok to give into those cravings as long as I fit it into my calories for the day? I don't want to ruin my dieting and weight loss by giving into these cravings every so often if it's going to completely screw me up.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    yup. totally fine

theres a reason we say "everything in moderation". if you completely abstain from eating these foods theres a good chance you'll break down someday and have a major binge
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    as long as it fits in your calorie goals you can eat whatever the heck you want to eat... I know I do and it hasn't stopped me from losing weight!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    yup. totally fine

theres a reason we say "everything in moderation". if you completely abstain from eating these foods theres a good chance you'll break down someday and have a major binge

Agree with this.
  • Ryderod
    Ryderod Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    While it might not be the cleanest food, or the best macros, yes, if you can occasionally fit a fast food meal into your daily calorie budget you will be fine.
    It's better not to deprive yourself of items you enjoy as this lifestyle has to be sustainable over a long term basis, so being too rigid and hard on yourself will just make this harder.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    One more "Yup".
  • Greenbomb
    Greenbomb Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well, what you eat is totally up to you of course, but fast food is so bad for you in every way. I would suggest making yourself a burger at home with lean ground beef (there is a LOT of weird crap in fast food "beef"). You can satisfy that craving without eating scary stuff!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Well, what you eat is totally up to you of course, but fast food is so bad for you in every way. I would suggest making yourself a burger at home with lean ground beef (there is a LOT of weird crap in fast food "beef"). You can satisfy that craving without eating scary stuff!

And don't listen to this....lol. Funny stuff.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Go for it, just plan ahead if you can. Enjoy it without guilt.
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    For me, if I want it... I eat it. I just work my other meals around it or exercise to cover it.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Every bite takes a few seconds off your life. No seriously...
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Yes. Account for it in your diary. Today I'm having chicken nuggets and fries for lunch and will eat lighter for dinner.
  • christacb
    christacb Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes. Big Mac's are only 550 calories :). I get a Big Mac and a unsweet tea ( 0 calories for the tea) so I have plenty of other calories leftover for the rest of the day.
  • Jbower1025
    Jbower1025 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Now I won't feel as guilty when I give into my craving knowing that it won't screw me up as long as I am fitting it into my calories for the day! :)
  • attackhamster
    attackhamster Posts: 58 Member
    Options

[citation needed]
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'll add another yes to the chorus. If it fits into your calorie and nutrition goals, you're eating a varied diet to get your micro nutrients, and you won't have any ill effects from eating it, then I don't see a problem.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food usually 3 times a week and two of those times are Taco Bell. I need my TB on Friday to get me over the week and again on Sunday to get my next week started! Just make it fit and enjoy! You don't have to feel bad for eating fast food!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    yup. totally fine

Exactly this. If you're dieting then the diet ends and you have to learn all over again. If you are changing your diet to a healthier one yet still allowing yourself the freedom to have what you want, just in moderation, it's more likely to stick around when you reach your goal.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Calorically speaking, doesn't matter. There ARE additives like MSG in said "food" designed to trigger more eating though, so be very careful to make sure it doesn't trigger physical or psychological cravings for more junk.

(source: MSGTruth.org)
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options

[citation needed]
    Try it...take a bite...time yourself...probably took you a few seconds right?...its science.
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    yes you can because if you don't it will most likely come back to bite you in butt with an over eating binge. It's suppose to be a lifestyle change so is it logical you will never eat fast food again no so eat it and workout later.