diets and acne

Options
Ok, I've had TERRIBLE acne from the day I hit puberty. I've tried proactive, wexler, perscription creams, pills, everything under the sun. Two weeks into this diet, drinking at least 8 cups of water a day, I think my acne is getting better! I feel like fewer spots are popping up and the ones that are already there are starting to heal. I don't see any reason that cutting calories would help, and I've had every doctor ever swear that eating greasy foods doesn't give you acne, so could it be the water?

Does anyone know? Could drinking tons of water be a realistic treatment for acne? It's certainly better for my checkbook than any of the other treatments I've tried!

Replies

• NATOBI24
    Options
    Hello. I've always drank lots of water...little to no sodas or sugary drinks and my skin is nearly flawless. When I eat poorly or for some reason my water intake is not as high, I do tend to get a few blemishes also. I do not have a history of acne so I vote YES! What you eat and drink has a LOT to do with the clarity and health of your skin. BTW Congrats on the 6lbs lost :-)
  • catmisha
    Options
    Water is part of the cleaning system of your body. If you don't drink enough, your body can not get rid of toxins. Those toxin can cause all kind of problems with your skin. Actually the best remedy for wrinkles is actually drinking enough fluids. Allergy to certain foods can also give you some isues. Chocolate, carbonated drinks, food colorings etc. Good luck!!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    this is right up my alley! lol let me tell you!
    sorry water is not a cure for anything on the face, research has shown that water cannot travel to the facial skin. If your working out and not eating too much grease or chocolate then thats why ur acne is better, mine has improved a lot with working out 6x a week. the only skin care products I use is st ives apricot scrub (I have 3 different versions of it) and proactiv's repairing lotion(step3) at night, the cleanser and toner are BAD!...ohh and I use a seaweed mask, its great for acne prone skin.