Here goes nothing...

Options
well, hopefully something. I'm new here! 28 year old mom to two, but I cannot keep blaming my weight on my babies :-) It's been almost 2 years since my youngest was born so it's about time Mommy got rid of the weight. I'd really really really like to lose 30lbs by July. But I'd be SO happy to lose 20 ;) Honestly I'll be thrilled when I see a few pounds have gone. I am overweight and that scares me. I have never been good at this kinda thing so I need help. :) Don't really know where to begin... I was hoping my husband would be helpful but - he is the kind of guy who loses 30lbs in 2 weeks and is done with it. :( Not me.

Replies

• nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Just keep with it. It's not easy but worth it. This site is a HUGE help! I have lost over 20 since November using this site!
  • kpen123
    Options
    21 lbs since November? That is so awesome. Congrats.
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well welcome and I wish you all the best. I use the calorie counter here a great tool. I also work out. I know you work out just due to having young children. I was wondering if you walked or did any exercises? Just don't give up.
  • SamWTFx3
    Options
    This place is great! I've been on for almost a week and my first weigh in is Monday. I hope I do good, and I know you'll do as good as you put your mind to! :] Good luck
  • Wasabison
    Wasabison Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel you on that! I gained 90 pounds in my pregnancy and never took the weight off. My little boy is 3 now and I decided no more excuses. I started making meals at home and include him in my home workouts. I bought P90X and Insanity videos and he gets a kick out of doing them with me. Plus you can burn lots of calories if you actually play in the park with the kids instead of sitting on the benches like I used to do. Good Luck!
  • melanie76
    melanie76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started this site too and I am in the same boat kind of. I have two kids, would love to lose at least 30 pounds by May. I have a hard time with staying motivated. There is a group here that I joined called slimpossibles, I think. Everyone wants to lose 30 to 35 pounds and weigh in day is everyone Monday. I joined it to meet new people with the same goals and keep me accountable. Good luck to you, this site is awesome.
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    This site is great to figure out calories but what I find is even more helpful is the support.
    Many of my friends are "dieting" to lose 5-10 lbs. They don't understand the struggle to lose 30+ pounds but the people on MFP do.

Best of luck! You'll do awesome I'm sure.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    The best advice I could give is just move. Even when watching tv I try to do floor exciercises. I keeps you going even when you think the last think you could ever do that day is work out!
  • mezmez73
    Options
    i am so with u! cant blame the kids anymore! LOL but i sure wish i could! LOL LOL LOL

anyways, u will love this site! lots of great new friends on here that are helping me like u wont believe!

would love to be friends, if interested, friend me! hope to talk to u soon! :) jen