A couple of weeks now...

jeannine1125
jeannine1125 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Ok so I have gained weight since the summer ( due to a foot surgery) and now it's time to get it off.... I've been using MFP for a couple of weeks now... I'm sticking to my 1200 calories and putting everything on my diary...( love the free phone app!!).I've been exercising 6 out of 7 days doing either 30-40 minutes on my treadmill or 1 hour hot yoga class ( 1 day a week)...but I have not lost 1LB. Any suggestions???

Replies

• 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    How long has it been since you've last exercised? You could be swapping fat for muscle (muscle weighs more then fat). Use a tape measures and take measurements. When I first starting running, I didn't lose any weight just my shape changed...
  • jeannine1125
    jeannine1125 Posts: 5 Member
    thanks I was thinking about that and pulled the tape measure out to measure my hips, waist... When should I begin to see the wight shift though,...? I had my foot surgery in May and had no weight bearing until mid July....It took a long time to be able to walk for any length of time... I have been consistently adding exercise since October.......:smile:
This discussion has been closed.