I can't even THINK of title for this post.

Options
I have a 22 month old sweet precious gorgeous little girl. If anyone knows me, they know that i'm the biggest freak about making sure I always have her dressed nice and neat, hair fixed with bows, matching shoes, the works. She's my little girl, leave me alone. :bigsmile: Some pictures so you get the idea of how I like to dress my little GIRL.

Note the matching shoes, matching bow, cute little dress:

s159585168.jpg

s154641263.jpg

Even as a tiny baby I had flowers in her hair :laugh:

m159796043.jpg

You guys get the point, right? I like to dress her like a girl all cutesy n' stuff.

Wellll...Last week Sal (my DH) took Lilliana (Our DAUGHTER [bold and underline the word daughter!]) to ToysRus while I was at work. He called me afterward all excited and told me he bought her markers and a PJ set. Cool right? When I got home, this is the PJ set she was wearing/he bought for her.

batman-begins-goth-boys-pajamas-wth-a-totally-emo-cape.jpg

::noway:

Awesome. I didn't say anything because what the hell am I going to say? It's a PJ set and if he wants her to wear Batman PJ's, why should I get all girly on his *kitten*? Whatever. I thought to myself "As long as she wears it in the house, it's all cool".

He called me Yesterday and said he took Lilliana to ToysRus. I'm like seriously? They went last week. But, he wanted to buy her this Curious George doll thingy that rolls around because she loves the movie Curious George.

Um, and then he says all excited "And I bought her some clothes. Like shorts and a few shirts".

:indifferent:

So I am all "that's cool" and get off the phone, have my little heart attack because what the fluck did he buy for my baby girl this time? I go home, walk in her room where they are playing and this is what I saw...

Please excuse the mess, when i'm not home it's like a freakin' zoo at my house.

m161014106.jpg

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:grumble:

You should see the other shorts and shirts he got her. :ohwell:

The end. :bigsmile:

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I have a 22 month old sweet precious gorgeous little girl. If anyone knows me, they know that i'm the biggest freak about making sure I always have her dressed nice and neat, hair fixed with bows, matching shoes, the works. She's my little girl, leave me alone. :bigsmile: Some pictures so you get the idea of how I like to dress my little GIRL.

Note the matching shoes, matching bow, cute little dress:

s159585168.jpg

s154641263.jpg

Even as a tiny baby I had flowers in her hair :laugh:

m159796043.jpg

You guys get the point, right? I like to dress her like a girl all cutesy n' stuff.

Wellll...Last week Sal (my DH) took Lilliana (Our DAUGHTER [bold and underline the word daughter!]) to ToysRus while I was at work. He called me afterward all excited and told me he bought her markers and a PJ set. Cool right? When I got home, this is the PJ set she was wearing/he bought for her.

batman-begins-goth-boys-pajamas-wth-a-totally-emo-cape.jpg

::noway:

Awesome. I didn't say anything because what the hell am I going to say? It's a PJ set and if he wants her to wear Batman PJ's, why should I get all girly on his *kitten*? Whatever. I thought to myself "As long as she wears it in the house, it's all cool".

He called me Yesterday and said he took Lilliana to ToysRus. I'm like seriously? They went last week. But, he wanted to buy her this Curious George doll thingy that rolls around because she loves the movie Curious George.

Um, and then he says all excited "And I bought her some clothes. Like shorts and a few shirts".

:indifferent:

So I am all "that's cool" and get off the phone, have my little heart attack because what the fluck did he buy for my baby girl this time? I go home, walk in her room where they are playing and this is what I saw...

Please excuse the mess, when i'm not home it's like a freakin' zoo at my house.

m161014106.jpg

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:grumble:

You should see the other shorts and shirts he got her. :ohwell:

The end. :bigsmile:
  • Kirsti
    Kirsti Posts: 53
    Options
    :laugh: I love the batman pj's!!! Your daughter is beautiful!!!! I guess his style doesn't match yours lol but he tried so that's gotta be worth something right?! :laugh:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

OMG...men
    LOL

The poo guy meant well
    I wouldn't mind if she wore that stuff around the house, but I wouldn't let her go out in public like that...LOL
    Just wait, when she gets a little older...she is NOT going to let Daddy dress her like that!

Kim
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    LMAO! omg that is hilarious...lol I'm sorry, I know you're a little upset, but at least he tried right? An she is ADORABLE in anything...just make sure when she wears THAT shirt with THOSE shorts she has something frilly in her hair...either that or shrink them in the wash...like down to barbie doll size lol
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    awwwwww Lina she is very sweet .... even in shorts and a t-shirt....

Just think of it like this....
    he is male!!!! He is trying to help... and probably is doing what he THINKS you would like him to do, and i guarantee when he was standing in the store holding out the clothes at a good eye distance, he was probably trying to decide if it was something YOU would choose.... men are men they dont have a knack for this kind of stuff:ohwell:

Just wait till she gets older hahaha and she wants to choose her won clothes :noway: My daughter is 13 (oh how i miss the cute baby stage where i could dress her up) and she now has PINK streaks in the bottom of her hair, hold on lemme find a pic of her lol.....

n1368633130_30067847_43971.jpg

haha with her black nail polish and pink hair.... it will be a cold day in hell when my daughter lets me dress her up.....

sooooo i guess my point is dress her up sweet as long as you can ... and give the DH a little leeway he is probably trying to help:ohwell:

jackie
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    LOL! I feel your pain!!

Man, if I end up having a girl, I will go into serious debt!! :laugh: :laugh:

She is way too cute though!!!!! In a dress or shorts and t-shirt! :laugh: :wink:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I don't know... maybe I like devils advocate... haha. But that looks like something my DH would do, and he would have done it on purpose because of all the girlie-ness getting to him. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No, but really, she still looks too adorable! and he was trying to have fun with her. :0)
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :tongue: I'm sorry, I think it's funny :blushing: She is GORGEOUS!!!

I like the fact that he's excited to take his little girl shopping. You know he's showing her off at the same time! :bigsmile: Now, I don't have any children, yet, but I think it's important for them to realize and create their own identity. She is a product of both you and your husband. I'm sure he wants to influence her stylish side a little bit, too. :wink: I guess you gotta loosen the reigns a little :ohwell: Besides, her beautiful face shouldn't confuse anyone of her gender :bigsmile:

I look just like my mom, but think just like my dad. My mom did the same thing to me, all girlyfied all the time. I have two brothers, and am the only girl. I was destined to be dressed in pink and purple. By the time I could dress myself, NO pink and NO purple.....just started wearing pink again a few years ago, lol :laugh:
  • rickyb
    rickyb Posts: 15
    Options
    Ya'll are mean. The guy was tryin his best understandable about batman but still. Just because he's a man does not mean he's s_____. He probally did it so she won't be so frilly. And yes your daughter is beautiful.
  • lina1131
    Options
    Aww you guys, i'm not upset at all. I'm just being a drama queen. I didn't say one word to him. Now if he tried to take her out of the house like that, i'd kick his *kitten*. :laugh: :laugh:
  • lina1131
    Options
    I just wanted to make it clear that I adore my husband for adoring our daughter so much. She is his world and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just think it is funny that we are two different extremes when it comes to dressing her.
  • rickyb
    rickyb Posts: 15
    Options
    Most husbands and wifes are
  • sweetandstormy
    Options
    Sweetie, he's a man. You have to be patient with him. lol

I'm the same as you with my twins. I love to dress my little girl in pink, flowers and bows. And my little boy's all boy. He's got the cutest little SpiderMan jammies with webbing under the arms and she has her pink princess jammies with sparkles all over them.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i just wanted to say she is adorable and cute in anything. i have a 2 year old daughter and a 6 year old son. and she often wears his hand me downs and she loves it. it is good for her i think because well i dont know why i just think its good to give her options. last week she picked out a batman toy and that was fine with me maybe they wouldnt fight over his toys for awhile.

it most likely makes your husband feel like he is helping and taking more responsiblity. dont freak out too much she is getting older and she will start telling YOU how she wants to dress haha those are fun mornings let me tell ya. i wish i had some ics of my daughter when she picks out her own wardrobe for the day lol

it will be okay
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I don't know... maybe I like devils advocate... haha. But that looks like something my DH would do, and he would have done it on purpose because of all the girlie-ness getting to him. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Aye yup :wink: And, just for the record, I think the Batman jammers rock!:bigsmile: Sure it's cute to go girlie on her, but she is a beautiful child, no matter what she wears. So just realize that your hubby may have a different sense of fashion for your daughter. It's all good. :ohwell:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    She is a little doll. Dressed as a girl or a boy! :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    Options
    Yes, I realize it is okay. I was only being silly and having fun with the situation. I promise you guys i'm not going to have the divorce papers handed to him over batman pajamas. :wink:
  • lina1131
    Options
    And thanks for the compliments all, I love my little girl.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    She is beautiful. Your wise husband brought some much needed balance into her wardrobe. If you are only dressing her in cutsie, adorable outfits you are sending a message to her about the importance of her appearance.

(I don't mean it as harsh as it came across in type. She is lovely and obviously well loved.:smile: )