Walden Farms

Options
2»

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    The only one that is remotely good is the chocolate sauce. The other ones are all pretty gross. I tried to hard to like them but it just didn't happen.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I got the ranch, and couldn't eat it.

My dog tried to steal something off my plate, and licked some of the ranch. He has never tried to take food off a plate since them.

So, it's good for that!
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've tried two of the salad dressing. One was the balsamic and the other raspberry balsamic. I liked the regular balsamic, but hated the raspberry.

Anyone know if the balsamic has artificial sweetener? I'm trying to stay away from sweetener.
  • peanutbutter_runner
    peanutbutter_runner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    They look disgusting, but I have not tried them. I will happily keep it that way and use my regular dressings and chocolate & caramel syrups in moderation for ice cream and such.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I use the chocolate syrup (tastes like Hershey's sugar free), the pancake syrup, and the caramel sauce (tastes more like butterscotch).

Those syrups are good, the rest of their products taste like pure ****, avoid them.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    The "sweet" ones are not that great... ok they are gross.

The "dressing" or "seasoning" kinds are pretty good.

I have not tried any of the "sauces"
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options

They are disgusting, horrible, terrible, junk. Save your money and run far far away from this mess.

^ this.... times 100! RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
  • twinkleboobee
    twinkleboobee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fussy eater...but ordered the chocolate peanut sauce and caramel syrup last week...it arrived Wednesday....I must say
    they were utterly disgusting, dipping my finger was more than enough...and no getting rid of the nasty after taste even with mints, coffee and scrubbing my tongue...shockingly bad!!!. Not just that, they made me VERY ill and felt incredibly sick all day to the point I had to stop my Step aerobics as far into the evening as the feeling of like I was going to throw up overwhelming!.

I have quite a tough stomach so was very surprised, I have hidden the bottles behind the cupboard until I find the strength to empty them and at least recycle the glass. Just reminded me I need to learn to eat less of high fat and sugar food and balance everything. Massive waste of money on top of postage. There are lower sugar versions of things which would be a better choice, just like the low carb stuff and sugar free. Don't waste your money or put such terrible chemicals in your body..what's the point? Food has calories, anything without calories isn't food!. A bit like feeding your car the stuff instead of gas/petrol....think of the damage it'll do to your tank....
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    What grocery stores stock Walden Farms stuff in the US? I've looked around some supermarkets in the Pacific NW and can't find any of Walden Farm products.
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I use the salad dressings because I can't eat gluten and they're the only ones I trust that I can get a my local supermarket. So far the only one I don't like is the blue cheese dressing, I usually buy the ranch, Caesar and thousand island.
  • nikkibee2100
    Options
    I find a lot of their products pretty gross haha I've tried a few salad dressings, the maple syrup which is incredible and the caramel. Ive also tried the marshmallow spread and one of the cinnamon spreads and peanut butter and those three were to me disgusting. They taste really artificial and i really wouldn't recommend them
  • Miska8482
    Miska8482 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I found them at Walmart and Albertsons. Just in the regular salad dressing section.. (I'm located in the Inland Northwest)
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I have only tried the spicy bbq sauce and really liked it, dry fried turkey breast steaks and poured this on at the end of cooking and it gave a nice smoky bbq taste to the turkey, will buy it again when the bottle is done.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I found them at Walmart and Albertsons. Just in the regular salad dressing section.. (I'm located in the Inland Northwest)

I'll take a look at Walmart the next time I'm there. I tried looking at Kroger-owned grocery stores and didn't see any Walden Farms products.
  • _shannon92
    _shannon92 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've just recently tried some Walden Farms products. In all honesty, some aren't the best tasting but for zero calorie, I can make a sacrifice :p

Ive had:

Chocolate syrup - I drizzle it on pancakes/waffles/crepes. Some people put it in coffee. I like it to make chocolate milk!

Pancake syrup - AMAZING. I can't even taste the difference. I LOVE this. I bought a bottle 2 weeks ago and I used like half of it with my protein french toast. This is my FAVOURITE!

Strawberry spread - Has a jello consistency, but I like to add it in my overnight oats. Gives them a strawberry taste.

Honey BBQ sauce - BLAHH. This one wasn't too good by itself, but I have cooked with it, and it tasted pretty good that way.

I also bought the 1000 island dressing, asian dressing, and the honey mustard mayo. Haven't had a chance to really taste or use them yet.

For me, it's worth it to be able to use the few extra calories I would be using on sauces for actual filling food. But thats just me.
  • gloriadw41
    gloriadw41 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like my Walden Farms products! I get them online through their website or at Walmart. :smile:
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    My ratings on Wf products:1= disgusting , 10= Just like the real stuff

Ranch dressing: 2

Jelly spread: 5, texture is like jello so I warm it up in the microwave to a liquid & use it to flavor plain Greek yogurt.

Pb spread: 0. I don't know how anyone can eat this, texture is disgusting & it tastes disgusting. Nothing pb about it. Threw it away after 2 different tries.

Pancake syrup: 10. Amazing.
  • phofilled
    phofilled Posts: 22
    Options

Ive heard of PB2 but I cant say I relish the thought of using that either...something about it coming in powder form & having to use water to make it into a paste?

The PB2 is GREAT! I would highly reccomend it, at minimum because you gave the WF product a try. :)