One Healthy Food You Don't Like ?

Options

Replies

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    "healthy" cereal. I don't love sugary kiddie cereals either, but something like plain bran or even Cheerio's is like eating a cardboard box to me. Ugh.

Tomatoes are another one...I actually love tomato based sauces and soups, and finely chopped tomatoes like in pico de gallo. But a big garden fresh slice of tomato dripping with "guts" and seeds on a sandwich will cause me to run far away...so gross to me. I also will not eat cherry tomatoes in a salad.

Good, I thought it was just me. Love tomato based almost anything, can't stand tomato guts.

Nope, not the only ones. I loathe tomatoes unless it's a sauce or pico de gallo.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    blueberries they are yuck i tried to put them in smoothies and what not but they are just gross
    avacodes are gross as well I dont understand why they are apprering in very healthy food recipe now

Because avocados are a good source of healthy fat.
  • RedWolfDancing
    Options
    Eggs. I freaking detest eggs. They belong in cookies and things where you can't see them, smell them, feel them or taste them. And since I'm not eating a lot of cookies these days I'm avoiding them successfully all together!

I also really hate beans but you said only one thing. :)
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    eggplant, okra, cherry tomatos, raw onion, and beets
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    "healthy" cereal. I don't love sugary kiddie cereals either, but something like plain bran or even Cheerio's is like eating a cardboard box to me. Ugh.

Tomatoes are another one...I actually love tomato based sauces and soups, and finely chopped tomatoes like in pico de gallo. But a big garden fresh slice of tomato dripping with "guts" and seeds on a sandwich will cause me to run far away...so gross to me. I also will not eat cherry tomatoes in a salad.

I hate the slimey tomato guts...gross
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Okra
    Fiddleheads
  • Imataloss88
    Imataloss88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of blueberries. I'll eat them but usually avoid them if I can. It's too bad because I know how healthy they are.
  • Emeryeon
    Emeryeon Posts: 61
    Options
    cauliflower
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Steamed or canned spinach. Idk how Popeye does it.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and cantaloupe. Yuck.
  • ExpectantHope
    ExpectantHope Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Celery, courgette/zucchini, aubergine, mushrooms (I'm working on not hating these though).

Anyone who hates tofu needs to try it from a good Thai restaurant, it's so far from scrambled egg, it's amazing!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk (by itself)
    Okra is the devil
    Salmon
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    brussel sprouts
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Carrots but I still eat them all the time
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts
  • josephsgoddess
    josephsgoddess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    cooked peas and carrots. but i'll eat them if someone serves them. btw i love liver LOVE it lol. I don't think there is anything i have ever been served that i have refused to put more in my mouth after a taste, even peas and carrots i think it's more the texture than the taste
  • hannahbergam
    Options
    ew, brussel sprouts. they smell like poo. people tell me "you're just not cooking them right" but then I smelled them still on the bush once...they literally smell like poo right from the get go

hahahaha this^ is so true. Eloquent too
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Pork. Although this one is largely because I saw a pig being slaughtered as a kid, and it traumatized my young mind.

Raw carrots. Ugh. :sick:

Brussel sprouts.

Actually, I don't like most meat. Just... chicken, sometimes salmon (rarely), canned tuna, turkey (but only when it's in the form of bacon or sausage or hot dogs), and some beef. I'm very picky about meat and seafood. Even though I know protein is important. :blushing:

It's usually the smell or the texture of meat and seafood rather than the flavor that I have a problem with.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Peas.

*kitten* peas.

Aw. Give Peas a Chance.
  • poetgirl115
    poetgirl115 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes and Apples...I wish I liked apples; they're great for you, I just. *shivers*

i_dont_even_project_runway.gif