Birthday indulgence

Options
Surely it's ok to indulge a little on your birthday isn't it?

What would your indulgence be and why?

I'm enjoying an Almond Magnum ice cream and some Ferraro Roche which are absolutely delicious :-)

Not very motivational I know so apologies for that everyone!

Replies

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Cake. Cake is my favorite food (although now its just a treat) but on my birthday I was all over that cake.
  • cdealtry
    cdealtry Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Can't argue with cake at all :-)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Cake for me. I love all the kinds of cake that are out there, and cheesecake especially.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    My birthday is next week and we're going away this weekend to celebrate.. there will be good food, cake and probably ice cream involved.

Ferrero Rocher are my favorite chocolates might have to pick some of those up too!
  • prism1968
    prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My birthday is next week and I've already planned to have grilled steak and snow crab legs (at home) and make a 13 layer fudge cake to celebrate ;)
    I'm going to take the rest of the cake to my neighbor after me and my boyfriend have birthday dinner!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    german-chocolate-cake.jpg

I haven't had a decent German chocolate cake in years. Bakeries up here are slightly clueless. I try to stay in my calorie goal since I'm probably going out to eat. Sodium, otoh, breaks the ceiling.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    My birthday is next week and I've already planned to have grilled steak and snow crab legs (at home) and make a 13 layer fudge cake to celebrate ;)
    I'm going to take the rest of the cake to my neighbor after me and my boyfriend have birthday dinner!

Can I be your neighbor? :flowerforyou:
    mr-rogers.jpg
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    A creamy pasta dish.

A for cake (which I love!!!!!!!), I actually really enjoy making my own cake. Every year, I research what I'm gonna make! I love to bake and I don't do it a lot because I would eat everything, so that's my thing on my BDAY.

Also, on my birthday I always buy myself a nice gift. 2 years ago I got an amazing necklace at swarovski. Last year, I think I couldn't think of anything, but next year- a hair straightener. But like a good one. :tongue:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday, I do what I want! :drinker:
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I ate almost all of the icing off of a quarter sheet cake at my last birthday. I think i grossed out my mother in law but whatever. SO worth all those calories!!!!
  • Emeryeon
    Emeryeon Posts: 61
    Options
    sounds good
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    @cdealtry, is today your birthday? Mine too! I hope you're enjoying!

Today's indulgence are a couple homemade chocolate chip cookies (with almond extract, not vanilla) at work and a peanut butter/chocolate dessert thing my mom's making for dessert. My BF and I will celebrate next week, so I may have a bit more indulgence next week, too.

Nom!!!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I never met a cake I didn't like. It's my birthday in two weeks so I am looking forward to some treats. The problem I have is that we will be on holiday so I fear the treats will spread over 7 days. I"ll bring my running shoes with me though!
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My birthday is next week. I try to splurge on luxury things like a massage, hair cut/color, mani/pedi and a little shopping. Since I am so busy that day being pampered, I don't indulge to bad. But I do have some DQ ICE CREAM CAKE! That fudgy crunchy layer in the middle---- ohhh yum! This year I plan on only buying the cupcake version and enjoying. I just got to stop myself and only buying one cupcake though- I used to celebrate the entire week!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Surely it's ok to indulge a little on your birthday isn't it?

What would your indulgence be and why?

I'm enjoying an Almond Magnum ice cream and some Ferraro Roche which are absolutely delicious :-)

Not very motivational I know so apologies for that everyone!
    Happy Birthday To Yoouuuu!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Bottles of wiiiiiiiiiiiiiine !:drinker:
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday on Friday, and I've made plans with some friends to do yoga, followed by Mexican food. :-) Will definitely have a margarita with my dinner, although I don't know about dessert.

And on Saturday, my roommate and I are going out for lunch, too. But before lunch, a nice long run!
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    IMG_20140117_124057.jpg

I fully intend to have a slice or two of this for my Birthday tomorrow. :)

It is layers of chocolate cake, with a chocolate ganache icing, and a bonus layer of cheesecake.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    IMG_20140117_124057.jpg

I fully intend to have a slice or two of this for my Birthday tomorrow. :)

It is layers of chocolate cake, with a chocolate ganache icing, and a bonus layer of cheesecake.

Recipe???
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My birthday was on July 2nd. Didn't have any cake. Not by choice but I shall make up for it this week! ;0) Next time I'll take myself out to birthday dinner! Happy birthday!