New person here LOL

Options
Im hoping to reach my goal by Sept 27, 2014, That will be my birthday presant to myself!
Any tips on how to stick to good eating habits will help :)

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • dan_hansen
    dan_hansen Posts: 10
    Options
    First off good luck, only 7 left to go it looks like!

For me it's finding low calorie things I enjoy. I crave variety in my food for the most part, so I try to do new things constantly. I also make sure I never to have things that I'll snack on in the house. For instance I love crackers and cookies (like everyone I guess) but I know I'll smoke some weed (legal here in WA so no need to be worried :p ) and eat them if they're around.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Hope this helps
    Here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. It's easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. Take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile