How long did it take you to lose 50 pds?

Options
13»

Replies

• cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    7 months
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Been working on the first 50 for about 6 months. Still have about 10 or 12 pounds to go.
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    i need to lose 20-25 and I started today I did get down to 139 in Oct. but back to 156 today. I hope to lose 1 lb a week. If I do better, yeah me!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    One year
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 in 6 months.. and then got lazy and gained back 20 in the next 6 months.

So I'm motivated again now and going for the last 25-30.
  • ghouliejulie85
    ghouliejulie85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It took me around 7-8 months i think
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    ... As has been said already, everybody is different.

I lost my first 50lbs in 2 months. 70lbs at 3 months.

But even though I lost 70lbs in three months, it took 9 more months to lose another 50, which I thought was annoying, but was much more "normal" weight loss results than I'd experienced before. Remember, weight-loss gradually slows down for the vast-majority of people.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    It took me about 18 months and I'm proud of it!
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Like others have said if there is a lot to lose you will lose quicker at first then slow down, I lost my first 50lbs in 12 weeks, the next 44lbs has taken 15 weeks, I'm now at the stage were I'm averaging about 2lbs a week over the last 5 or 6 weeks.
  • daniel9797
    daniel9797 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have not lost 50 pounds yet, but I have tried diets over and over. But just remember, time goes by no matter what, so stick with it. Good luck to you!
  • idabentley
    idabentley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It depends but eventually it will be off if you keep at it.

I will offer you some advice. Don't do anything crazy. Make small, easy changes that you can keep up for the rest of your life. Don't give up foods you love, just moderate them. For example, my bf would get fast food and would get a burger, large fries, large soda and chicken nuggets on the side. He started by subing a medium fries and soda. Then stopped getting chicken nuggets, then slowered the fries and soda to a regular/small size. He still gets to have his favorite meals but moderates it and only has it once or twice a week instead of every lunch.

I suggest reading when you get the chance. It's a good read, will help you see losing weight in a new light and for me, knowledge helps motivate me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    About 12 months.
  • idabentley
    idabentley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It took me 5 months to lose 30 lbs but last year was an unusually difficult year where I went off the rails and put 20lbs back on, I am now back working on building muscle, and toning up, as long as I am in a healthy zone, not binging, cutting down on sugars/simple carbs, losing fat around the vital organs and fitting into lower size clothes I don't care what I weigh! Think of good health, increased energy and confidence rather than losing weight. Good luck you're not alone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!