ISO **positive** friends!

Options
Hello! I've recently started my health journey, and I'm looking for a support system! About me: I struggled with eating disorders for over 11 years, until I got pregnant with my daughter (she is now ten months). I was on bed rest almost the entire pregnancy, and gained almost 70 lbs OVER my healthy weight! So now I'm working it off. I started 4 weeks ago and won't be giving up. I love exercise (although I'm weak at the moment) and healthy eating, so I'm here to stay! Because of my eating disorder, please don't send a request if you purposely don't eat, over exercise, or any other unhealthy habits. It's triggering and you will be deleted!
Hope to meet some friends :)

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    dot dot dot
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    I thought that purposely not eating was part of self control and discipline?

To each their own I suppose.
  • performfully
    Options
    I thought that purposely not eating was part of self control and discipline?

To each their own I suppose.

What?
    If you're starving yourself, you have the wrong kind of discipline.
    Good luck with that.
  • SomberG
    SomberG Posts: 36
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm pretty new here also. Came here for the support system and making some friends.
  • thyella
    thyella Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is a perfect time for you to take a look at your eating habits and adjust them to how you want your child to learn to eat. Get rid of prepackaged and processed foods, if you haven't cooked before now is a good time to start learning and get your child involved ASAP, if only to sit in a baby seat on the counter. Exercise with as much variety as the foods you serve, let your child grow up in that awesome healthy environment. I have 4 children, the youngest still in HS, they all are perfectly comfortable in the gym, terrific swimmers, love hiking and all are just as likely to cook a meal as me. Since I've been a single mom for years now and have a limited income with 3 in college, we have to eat fresh food and have a garden to supplement, no fast food, seldom can afford a restaurant. Unfortunately I wasn't as careful as I should have been when they were in their early teens, especially making sure they didn't become reliant on carbs for every meal. A couple are using this same program to lose a few pounds. You are just starting an awesome journey, healthy eating and an active lifestyle should go a long way toward you losing your pregnancy weight and setting up your family for a life without food related issues. Good luck, stay strong.
  • performfully
    Options
    This is a perfect time for you to take a look at your eating habits and adjust them to how you want your child to learn to eat. Get rid of prepackaged and processed foods, if you haven't cooked before now is a good time to start learning and get your child involved ASAP, if only to sit in a baby seat on the counter. Exercise with as much variety as the foods you serve, let your child grow up in that awesome healthy environment. I have 4 children, the youngest still in HS, they all are perfectly comfortable in the gym, terrific swimmers, love hiking and all are just as likely to cook a meal as me. Since I've been a single mom for years now and have a limited income with 3 in college, we have to eat fresh food and have a garden to supplement, no fast food, seldom can afford a restaurant. Unfortunately I wasn't as careful as I should have been when they were in their early teens, especially making sure they didn't become reliant on carbs for every meal. A couple are using this same program to lose a few pounds. You are just starting an awesome journey, healthy eating and an active lifestyle should go a long way toward you losing your pregnancy weight and setting up your family for a life without food related issues. Good luck, stay strong.

Thank you! This is exactly what I've been working on! A few months ago I read The Easy Way to Lose Weight by Allan Carr, and it was a game changer in terms of nutrition. I have honestly switched to about an 80% clean diet (getting my fiance over with me isn't as easy haha) and because of it have learned to cook. I'm still working on that part :) I appreciate the kind words.
  • flashfangirl_102
    flashfangirl_102 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is it okay if I add you? I am getting back in track and it helps me a lot to see other people doing well. Congrats on losing ten pounds so far!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There's lots of people here who are also recovering, and tons of great advice, so you're in the right place. :drinker: