Woo-hoo! Back to the Weight I Was When I Came to Indiana

Options
laratacita
laratacita Posts: 53 Member
Two years ago I moved from Pennsylvania. I had managed to lose a lot of weight then through a combination of two factors. First, was the get pneumonia weight loss plan. It's one I don't recommend to anyone. The second one was that I had started walking around the town. Because the town was more or less in the mountains, it was very hilly. I cut back on food and lost around 50 pounds.

Now, the weight loss stopped when I moved west. Part of the problem was I got home sick and started to make Pennsylvania Dutch food. This would normally be fine, as long as you make it in small quantities. However, this food is mostly designed for farmers and people who work hard. It's not normally made in small quantities. I made it in the amounts I was used to having. That, combined with the normal habits, caused me to gain it back.

After working out and logging -- however inaccurately -- since April, I'm back down to the weight I was when I cam to Indiana. I've still got a long way to go,but i think this is some sort of psychological accomplishment. I also finally weighed in at under 300 pounds on the Y's scale today. Now, let's see if I can stick with it.

Replies

• victorbicycle
    victorbicycle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good going!
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Well done chick! That's amazing progress!
  • mbrough58
    mbrough58 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well done! Moving can be very stressful...it takes time to make the adjustment but you are on the right path! Celebrate your achievement with a low-sugar lemon shake-up. All you need is crushed ice, lemons, water, and stevia. Have you ever tried liquid stevia? It adds sweetness to a cold drink without adding calories. Lemon shake-ups are a great way to enjoy summer in Indiana. I lived there for many years and loved going to the county fairs. :drinker:
  • laratacita
    laratacita Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been making it a point to avoid food celebrations on this journey. If I were to celebrate with food, I'd be going to one of the local super markets. While i was there, I'd pick up Lebanon bologna and swiss cheese. I'd also pick up some potatoes. I would make the potatoes into potato bread and have a sandwich.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the great work!
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    From one Hoosier to another, great job!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress and keep up the good work! It is great to see these success stories, they are truly inspirational. Thanks for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!