Second day on here and I am not on target

Options
Hello everyone. Today is my second day and I went over on calories by 205! I have never counted calories before and now I am reading everything. I would have been ok if I had the opportunity to walk on the treadmil today but that just didn't happen. All I can think about is food. My downfall is soda. I can drink 5 cans of Coca Cola Classic a day and I had one yesterday and one today........

Replies

• StephanieMM717
    Options
    It's hard to cut back your calories all in a matter of a few days. Your body needs time to adjust to fewer calories. It has taken me almost 5 weeks to fee satisfied with 1400 calories. As for the drinks, it's hard for me to not drink calories, too. I am allergic to milk and I get so sick of water. Juice is my downfall.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. It's an adjustment counting calories, logging all of your food, measuring actual portion sizes. But you're on the right website. Here you will find friends that will encourage and motivate you, cheer you on when you're doing good and most of all, you'll find success. You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • Nyylover88
    Options
    hey! i just started yesterday too.. remember u takes steps.. but u have to be determine to make ur goals come true. am using it to gain weight. if i keeped going like yesterday i would be under 130 (thats how much i weight right now!) and am trying to go up!. so today i decided to go up a lil on the calories. on the soda thing step by step u used to drink 5 a day now u r down to 1 later u will be 1 a week but u have to work hard! and we all have our days but hey u r a woman!!!!!!!! u can do it!!!!!!!!
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. It's an adjustment counting calories, logging all of your food, measuring actual portion sizes. But you're on the right website. Here you will find friends that will encourage and motivate you, cheer you on when you're doing good and most of all, you'll find success. You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    It took me a couple of weeks before I didn't actually have hunger pangs all the time. I was starving! lol! Hang in there, it will get easier - pretty soon, smaller portions will fill you up and you'll be fine. Don't forget your water - it helps with the hunger, as well.

Oh, and a tip: I logged all my food in right before I cooked/prepared it just to make sure I was in the calorie range I wanted for that meal. That way, if I put something in and it was too much, I'd just adjust the portion and not be surprised AFTER I ate it.

Hang in there! You've got this! :smile:
  • Merrittgang
    Options
    hi..I think Coke Zero and Cherry Coke Zero are really good - you could try to cut out 2-3 cans a day and replace with a diet drink... I'm a Diet Dr. Pepper fan and on day two as well... eventually i hope to get away from soda and drink more water.... but as for now, Im getting ready to open a can! Stay Positive and Good Luck!