eating junk food - a good thing

Options
Last night I decided to sod my diet and have a big mac, chips, coke and a mcflurry, plus 4 packs of fruitella.

I must point out around once a month during my diet I have had chips and a hamburger from mcdonalds due to book club and lack of time but I always make room for that in my calorie allowance, last night I didn't.

This morning I feel dreadful, my stomach feels like something is rotting inside it.

However all of this is a good thing as whilst eating the mcdonalds last night once I had drunk the coke eaten the chips and mcflurry I had to force the big mac down, I didn't enjoy it and I certain don't enjoy feeling ill today, so it's a result as I'm now put off mcdonalds meals and I used to eat these once a week. :smile:

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much!!!

I would just get back on the wagon & drink plenty of water.

Don't weigh yourself for a week or two as high sodium - So the scales will be up.

Just get back on the horse... : )

Ive eaten tons of bread once with PB and felt sick... We have all done it
    x
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried about it I think this is a good thing. :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    However all of this is a good thing as whilst eating the mcdonalds last night once I had drunk the coke eaten the chips and mcflurry I had to force the big mac down, I didn't enjoy it and I certain don't enjoy feeling ill today, so it's a result as I'm now put off mcdonalds meals and I used to eat these once a week

The bolded part is what i don't get....why would you "force" food down.

If I forced food down regardless of where it came from I would not enjoy it, and would feel ill and be put off that particular food.

that is not a good thing period....eating take out or fast food while losing weight is not a crime nor is it a bad thing...as long as you stay in goal...or even if you don't that one day...say at maitenance...forcing it down is the "bad thing"
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Question: why do people, when eating lovely, lovely junk food, always try to convince themselves that the delicious fatty goodness is something they don't like?

Of course they love it!

Come on guys, it's like committing adultery and saying you hated every minute. If you're going to sin ENJOY IT. Otherwise what's the point?
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    4 packets of Fruitella is what got me - why 4? Surely that's just greedy, they must have been sickly after the first 1 or at the most 2 packets??
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    4 packets of Fruitella is what got me - why 4? Surely that's just greedy, they must have been sickly after the first 1 or at the most 2 packets??

Studying for an exam so my snack intake is a bit extreme atm.