Water - How many mls is a cup??

RGPargy
RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
From today i'm going to start drinking more water rather than tea and coffee. It says on the diary to drink 8 cups of water a day. How many mls are in a cup? I have a 50cl bottle that i will be refilling but i cant drink 8 of those a day because that would equate to 4 litres and tbh, i really dont want to spend my life on the toilet!!

Thank you! :bigsmile:

Replies

• thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    as above 250ml.

I have a 500ml bottle too and I drink at least 3 of them at work during the day and usually do a pint or two of water at home too.
  • VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    If you can get 1.5 litres down a day, your doing well. I have a litre bottle on my desk I try to get 1 done by lunchtime, this is easy if I have a small glass from it as soon as I get up.
  • 30cc or 30ml = 1 oz. So a cup of 8 oz would equal 240 cc or ml.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    1 litre is = to 4 8 oz glasses ....so in order to get at least your 8 glasses of water in you need to drink 2 litres of water. I drink 4 litres because I have been told from different people that you are suppose to drink half your body weight in oz.
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Fab, thanx for all your replies! I should be able to do 1.5 - 2 litres a day.

FaeFae - You are really good doing 4 litres a day! That's impressive! :drinker:
  • I have a 2 litre bottle which i fill every night and pop in the fridge and i drink all that bottle a day but weather thats enough im not sure.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Also note, do not drink cold water as it makes you pee more.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Also note, do not drink cold water as it makes you pee more.
  • gjb270162
    gjb270162 Posts: 1 Member
    But doesn't cold water make you burn more calories?
  • barry3652
    barry3652 Posts: 2 Member
    Back to the question if I drink a 50cl bottle of water how many cups do I enter in the app?
  • eleanorruth84
    eleanorruth84 Posts: 1 Member
    A 50cl bottle is 2 cups, so if you finish the bottle enter 2 cups of water into the app :)
  • nusiax
    nusiax Posts: 39 Member
    I live in Europe 1 cup is 237 ML. And 2 Liters of water is your basic 8 cups per day.

Hope this helps.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    You don't really need those 8 cups, if you eat a lot of fruits and veggies with high water content, you need less.
    Just look at this chart, if the colour is not orange or completely see-through, you are good: http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2013/10/what-the-color-of-your-urine-says-about-you-infographic/
  • TashTag
    TashTag Posts: 109
    Apparently your body has to warm the water up to a certain temp and therefore cold water burns more calories?
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Well when I tell MFP I've had a cup of water it syncs with my FitBit Dashboard & that says I've drunk 236.6ml. I try to drink 2 litres of water a day, some days I manage it, some days I don't & others days I drink more than 2 litres.
This discussion has been closed.