PiYo: Looking for support and motivation

Options
I am starting my PiYo home workout on July 7th. Home workout programs are always more fun with friends. Anyone doing PiYo or want to join me?
I have a goal to remove 10 pounds during the 60 day program.
I have a vegan diet and eat high protein, high fat and less grains.
I love to cook--though it is summer and I love having salads.
I am newer to My Fitness Pal, but am finding this site to be really helpful and interesting.

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Just ordered, mine should be here by the eighth. Would love an accountability buddy. (or buddies!).

It's been a rough six months and I'm just barely getting back on track. I have a good 80 to lose.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I do PiYo at the gym once a week and I can't say it helped me lose weight. It does make you more aware of your muscles and trains you how to keep good posture, use your core, and balance better.

It isn't that much of a cardio workout even if it moves fast. I don't burn more than 110 calories in an hour of PiYo and that's not enough to lose weight. It is good for flexibility and mobility though, which will help you in other forms of exercise.

Good Luck! Enjoy!
  • KarCrib
    KarCrib Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Waiting for mine to arrive. I as well am vegan and I hope to get leaner, stronger and more flexible!
  • MollyCDuffy
    Options
    I would love to have accountability partners! I was wondering about the cardio piece of it and know that I'll have to start watching my caloric intake more closely.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    10lb in 2 months is fairly aggressive when you're already quite lean.
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    There is a group that is starting on the 7th. It is called PiYo 60-Day Challenge........join in!!
  • MollyCDuffy
    Options
    Travis, I'd love your insight. It is my last 10 pounds and I've been here on this plateau for a while doing my same ol' same ol'. I'm much more concerned about the discipline I'll need to rein in my bits of eating to help me get leaner, especially with this program. I also figure if I aim high and make it 50% there, it is better than aiming for less and getting even less results. Ideas?
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    There is a group that is starting on the 7th. It is called PiYo 60-Day Challenge........join in!!

I can't seem to find the group. I am starting PiYo on the 7th and would love to join!
  • prism1968
    prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Anyone that is doing this program, please add me as a friend if you'd like :)
    I'm hoping to complete the full 60 days!
    Starting 7/7
  • ATyghter
    ATyghter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think PiYo is a great program but for me it's not one I would do on its own. I am currently using it as a supplementation to my already existing workouts. I don't think it's an intense enough program to see dramatic results with.

I started a PiYo Fusion Challenge Group but it doesn't begin until August 4. I want to to keep working through the program a bit myself first.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • KarCrib
    KarCrib Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started the PiYo 60 day challenge yesterday as well! I, like others have said, am using it to supplement my running schedule. I am training for a half marathon and doing PiYo. I like the idea of quicker paced yoga(ish) moves and want to improve my flexibility and get leaner. Also, I just plain like it!
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday! Well, I started a PiYo / T25 hybrid. add me if you like, my diary is open
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I started PiYo yesterday as well - I skipped align as I did that the week prior and also tried a few workouts. Some of the workouts in this program will get your heart rate up so don't worry too much about that. I'm looking forward to what these 60 days will do for me. I also got the deluxe version so I plan to check out strength workouts when I think I can handle them.

I'd love some friends who are also doing PiYo. :smile:
  • amydawn1977
    amydawn1977 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I start on the 14th! I'm excited! Would love to motivate and get motivation!
  • beckmoir
    beckmoir Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i'm starting tonight! i'm pretty excited. i'm going to do this as well as some extra cardio a few days a week. i'm also always happy to have extra motivation and support, so anyone feel free to add me :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I've tried the workouts and don't find them that tough. I'm going to double up with 21 Day Fix- starting on Monday.
  • prism1968
    Options
    I agree it seems to need a 'companion' workout.
    I'm in the second week of Jillian's 6 pack 6 week thing, but once I finish that I'm going to re-start JNL Fusion along with the PiYO.
  • Candicem99
    Candicem99 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I started PIYO also and agree it is not enough when coming from workouts like T25. Want to take a break from T25, any suggestions on which would be a good program to add with it that is not going to take a lot of time? Would Chalean Extreme or LMP be a good choice? Never done Extreme yet, only LMP.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I started PIYO also and agree it is not enough when coming from workouts like T25. Want to take a break from T25, any suggestions on which would be a good program to add with it that is not going to take a lot of time? Would Chalean Extreme or LMP be a good choice? Never done Extreme yet, only LMP.

I love ChaLEAN Extreme! I have pump but haven't done it yet (I got it in the sale a couple months ago) so I can't compare. CLX does low reps, high weights where I hear LMP does high reps, low weights. I don't know enough to know what you accomplish for either one.
  • prism1968
    Options
    I did 'Sweat' today and it felt like a real workout :)
    I burned 161 according to my HRM (compared to 53 for lower body and 33 for upper body; this is MUCH better!)