Has anyone been able to lose having one cheat day per week?

Options
2»

Replies

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I lost over 50 pounds doing one meal a week where I ate anything I wanted and didn't track.

(I gained it all back when I stopped doing it entirely and started eating fast food several days a week...which is to be expected.)

I'm back on the wagon now though and still might do the one meal...might not either. Stuff happens! :D
  • ppatricia81
    ppatricia81 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal not a cheat day, I check how many calories it is for maintenance and I will not go over those calories, if it does I make the portion smaller. If that still doesn't work ill go to the gym burn some calories.
  • sarahfishy
    sarahfishy Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm no nutrition or diet expert but I try to have a little of everything in moderation. Or else I'd go completely crazy on my cheat day.
  • louisekerry86
    Options
    Not cheat days in the sense of just binging all day. But I have pizza/whatever I feel like one night a week/fortnight. Rest of the time I'm eating Low GI. I think its okay and normal to let yourself off for the odd dinner/lunch here and there. :)
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    I think cheat day makes me go crazy to eat all the things I want in that day because I can so I don't do that anymore. I can just eat whatever I want any day just keep it under my calories limit or workout to eat it.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Nope....let me explain if I have a "cheat day" I will go over board and 1 day leads to another that's how I got here so this is what I do I allow myself a bit of everything I don't lie I weigh food measure liquids and allow a few treats a week I had 7 cookies today but had small breakfast and will have healthy lunch and dinner so its fine I don't feel bad and I feel great I can eat some treats. I would say allow yourself what you want but in moderation last week I chose pudding over wine and I really enjoyed it
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Only thing I add on my cheat days are Burger King Hershey Sundae Pies (on Saturday and Sunday). But I burn off those calories (310) and more since I go tot the gym on both days. I suppose I can't really call them "cheat days"... lol
  • Ukstorme
    Ukstorme Posts: 4
    Options
    To be honest - I allow myself a 'cheat day' but land up walking around the store looking for a treat and landing up not buying anything and sticking to the healthy meals because I just cannot bring myself to eat back all that hard work I have put in the last week. Of course my one allowance is wine lol - but once a week and nothing more!
  • chaivind
    chaivind Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal once a week. I have found that my weight loss actually stalls if I don't have the cheat meal. But I make up for this meal by eating lighter earlier that day and also working out that day. I also don't eat back 100% of my exercise calories for an additional buffer. I also find that I don't have an urge to eat bad during the week because I know that I have a cheat meal coming up in the next few days.
  • Sarahndipitydoo
    Sarahndipitydoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No.. I thought I would and began allowing myself one cheat day a week and gained all of my weight back.
    I started allowing myself a cheat meal instead of an entire cheat day and lost/maintained a bit better. It's different for everyone though, I guess it just depends on your willpower and definition of "cheat."
  • Desifreckle
    Desifreckle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Stick to a reasonable amount of calories on a cheat day. They tend to turn into several cheat days for me...so I'm not going to plan them anymore. I'll allow myself to go out to eat here and there and have what i want, but no weekly days to cheat.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream pretty much every day and I lost 110 pounds. Why eliminate great food? Make it fit.
  • aysea81
    aysea81 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have one day off my diet for every 7 days on my diet.
    It works for me. It may work for you too.
    I am focused on long term weight loss.
    It may take a little while longer to lose the weight if you do this.
    This way I do not feel deprived at all.
    This is a lifestyle that I can sustain for the rest of my life because it is not extreme.
    I know ahead of time what day I will take off and what I will eat.
    Even though I over eat on that day it does not mean that there is no control or no planning involved.
    My weight goes down every week. It fluctuates throughout the week but by the end of a full week it goes down.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's not so much as a cheat meal, it's just.....life!
    My DD13 had a softball game tonight, I haven't gone grocery shopping in 6 days, we wouldn't be eating until at least 8pm, so we got A&W for supper. 1000 calorie meal is not such a big deal if you're only at 650 calories for the rest of the day.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    hell yea!
  • jwat90
    jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a cheat "day". I know myself and I would totally blow it. So instead I have a cheat "meal". Like if my family and I go out to eat after church I will get whatever I want without really worrying about it. I still try to estimate and log the calories as best I can, even if I go over for the day. That way I get to splurge a little without completely going off track. I think it just depends on the individual and what you know you can handle. I know if I had a whole day to cheat I would be miserable from eating everything in sight and not want to start back over again, but that's just me.
  • ketoambahh
    ketoambahh Posts: 67
    Options
    The one time I had a cheat day (because I wanted to go drinking, so I was like 'eh why not?") I felt really sick. Fatigued, sweats, nausea, the works.

I didn't like feeling that way, so I'm not having cheat days every week. I may do it once a month, but only if I either feel like it or it's a big event.
  • GetFitzy
    GetFitzy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in about 6 weeks with a gorge day , but i was extremely limiting my calories the other 6 days and working out a ton 6 days a week also. every sunday i would have a huge binge at boston market, eat ice cream, etc. but it wasn't sustainable. i gained it all back about a year and a half later. plus a lot more in the years afterwards (this was back in my college days). now i have cheat days but not gorge days. i was a serious binge eater for a long time though.
  • cece5300
    cece5300 Posts: 48
    Options
    I wouldn't do it once a week, but man I would have a heck of a gorge fest once in a while and wouldn't even gain the next day. Now as I've been exercising more and eating less, my body physically doesn't tolerate eating so much junk in one sitting. If I knew I was going to go overboard, I'd exercise more or eat less the next day
  • Hallieadrienne
    Options
    Love your ticker!