My name is … wait

Options
My name is … wait this is the web so I can pretend to be any one I chose but I will tell you my secret. “Mom smokes in the car. Jesus is okay with it, but we can’t tell dad…. Not that secret, the other secret.. I am Batman shhhhh” ok well I stole that line from The Big Bang Theory. So let’s just call me Papa for Anonymity’s sake.

I wish I could say this is my first time, but it is not. I've regained what I have lost in my past. I need to lose weight at least 110 lbs. I know everyone is here for similar reasons(concerning health/ wellness), so I hope to get to know some of you, and maybe find a happy medium between motivating others and getting some in return. I know that Food has become my comfort, a habit learned at an early age to cope with stress. So I need to wake up and smell the coffee, I am Obese, and some parts of my life just plain old SUCK. I want to be around for my girls, to see them graduate college and maybe marry one day …to see my future Grandkids grow up…. You know what I mean. So my plea is for new friendships and motivation along the way.

Replies

• bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm new around here too. I've used MFP app very sporadically in the past. My goal is to lose around 80-90lbs. Maybe more. Just depends on how I feel about myself. I get wanting to be healthy for your family. That is part of my driving force too. One think I know is weigh lose usually goes way beyond physical changes so this time I am looking to take a more holistic approach in hopes of truly changing my relationship with food. Good luck to you!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Love TBBT. Welcome to MFP. There is a lot of great supportive people here. Look around and send friend requests to people who have similar goals, or have done well, or are supportive in a way you feel you can appreciate. :flowerforyou:
  • inneedofanap
    inneedofanap Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Love your profile pic. :happy:
  • relocatedcowboy12
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind comments. TBBT is awesome, love that show...