Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Medications

I just found this site today, and am pretty encouraged by it. Just wanted to know if anyone else out there has/is having a problem with medications they have to take because of any medical conditions they are going through? I am currently in the middle of a drug study for hepatitis C patients.... the good news is that I am now free of hep. C; the bad news is I still have to take drugs for the following 44 weeks (Yes, forty-four weeks!!!!) that make me feel TERRIBLE!!!! It is very hard to get out of bed when you know all you're going to be doing is sitting on the can, trying not to up-chuck! I really want to exercise several times a week, but have a significant other and a sister who both think I'm crazy to want to do that, especially when just getting up and doing housework makes me sick.

(Okay, laugh if you want to now!) I live in a very small town, where the only 'workout gym' to be had is in the laundromat. It's only $20 a month to use their equipment. I am just Scottish enough that if we paid out the money, I think I could force myself to workout 3 or more times a week, at least for 1/2 an hour a day! Am I expecting too much of myself, or am I getting held back by my loved ones? Opinions, anyone?

Replies

• purplepanda
    purplepanda Posts: 30 Member
    I'd check first with both your personal physician and the people running the study for the medication you're on if exercise is good or bad, and if some exercise is ok ask if there are any things you should avoid. If it is ok with your healthcare professionals then I think you should do what feels best for you. There have been studies for cancer patients undergoing chemo who showed they tended to feel better overall if they were able to do some light exercises. But sometimes the exercise might be too much for your body and make things worse and then you might need to wait until your finish your trial.

I'm glad your Hepatitis is doing better, and hope you soon start feeling better