70+ pounds down

Options
sammie121403
sammie121403 Posts: 49 Member
Beforeandafter_Sam2014_zps361eac21.png

I started MFP in Dec2012. For about a year now, I have been doing some strength training for toning and tightening, but stopped losing weight. In the before picture, which was me at my largest, ever, I weighed in at 206.....I cannot believe I let myself get that big. I had always been chubby or chunky or however you want to put it, but always had an excuse like "oh, im bigged boned" and all those others. I tried all the typical diets and had litle success. It wasnt until I got tired of feeling fat and decided i needed to monitor what i ate, so i could really understand why i was failing...MFP was the first thing that came up when i googled "food diary." Man am i glad it was free and simple to use....instantly, i started losing weight, dropping 4 pounds in the first week and 3 in the 2nd. It was just coming off of me, which i had never experienced before, even on an all veggie diet i tried. My husband decided to join me and has lost over 70 pounds total, as well! I have had family and friends begin using the app, due to our great success, and I even get friends to hit the gym with me, when they say they want to do something about their weight. I know it is hard, but I just want to give them that little push and support to get started, because once you start, it becomes second nature, and i feel everyone needs that opportunity.

Nowadays, I just workout and eat healthy, with the occasion "bad meal" but it is always in moderation and I make it a personal goal to never go over my calories. I feel that all the foods we eat that are bad can still be eaten, just smaller portions, we do not want a set back, because that only makes us feel like we have not gotten anywhere.

Replies

• cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Great Job! U look awesome!!
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Good Job
  • iandroid989
    iandroid989 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous well done
  • CaptainJAG_37
    Options
    That's amazing!! Congrats to you and all your hard work!
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Holy moly! You look fantastic! Congratulations on a job very well done!
  • TEMMEAlexa
    TEMMEAlexa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's a great way to go.You do look awesome in your pic.Your thinking is on the right track that you should eat right and exercise well to keep your weight in check. Having a bad diet day in between is totally understandable.So look after yourself and stay fit and healthy.
  • paytenpar
    paytenpar Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thats an awesome success!! :)
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your lifestyle change and success! You look great!
  • paulzli
    paulzli Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Did you experience much loose skin? I'm only 19 and weigh 238 (originally 253), but I've been overweight since elementary/middle school and really packed on pounds in high school. I'm aiming for 150 as my GW and was wondering whether I should expect to see it after the 70lb mark.
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look great.
  • determinedgirl1
    determinedgirl1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Inspiring! Congrats, you look fabulous.
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Right around the same goals as me, thanks for the motivation!
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    awesome job and the tatts are kick *kitten*!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • 3BabyBlues
    3BabyBlues Posts: 24
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your success.
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Way to go! And thanks for the inspiration... your starting point and excuses are the same as mine were :)
    You look great!
  • beatnik236
    beatnik236 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You look great! Nice job!
  • robinb07
    robinb07 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!