No Cheat 50 day challenge

Options
Hi everyone! I'd like to start an easy challenge. Cheat days can be hard to recover from. I recently went 45 days without many cheat days, but then I went on vacation. It was a cheatcation! One week and a tad more of all I could eat amazingness.

So I'm back this is my 3rd day of diet restart. Most of the binge weight is falling off, so I'm very happy about that.

I'd like to start the 50 day no cheat challenge! The rules are simple.
1. 50 days of sticking to the calorie goal you have set
2. If you do have a cheat day, don't let it go! Add an extra day to your end date to make up for it!
3. Workout 3 times a week HARD. Get into the moderate activity bracket for Metabolic rate calculation!
4. Don't give up!
5. Weigh in every ten days. (If you have a scale)

So if you'd like to join, tell us what your goal is at the end of the challenge. Also include your strengths and weaknesses.

Replies

• PandaFat2Fit
    PandaFat2Fit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shannon
    I'm 22
    Goal for this challenge is to lose 18lbs
    Strengths- goal focusing, having a gym, having a diet buddy, recording calories
    Weaknesses- laziness, food is delicious, cheese, birthday parties
    My End date 8/28/2014
  • girlsonly04
    girlsonly04 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would like to join with you
  • danielleforrest00
    danielleforrest00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi There- I am totally in for this challenge!!!
    I'm 30
    Goal for this challenge is to lose 10 lbs
    Strengths- Great support system, Gym in a easy location, good a meal planning
    Weaknesses- We just bought a boat, so the weekends have been a total free for all... need to keep weekends in check!
    My End date 8/29/2014
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    So Shannon, are you going to make a group for this challenge?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am proud to say that I lost 44 pounds and have been maintaining fairly well (still losing fairly slowly, but closer to finding my balance), all since last May, and I have not cheated on single time. Am I the winner? :bigsmile:

Seriously, I don't cheat because my health journey is not a game and I don't restrict food type and I work treats into my calories each day. It's all about moderation.

Besides this, cheating is all in the perception. :smile:

I know I'm a party pooper. the best of luck to you all.
  • PandaFat2Fit
    PandaFat2Fit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the input SLL. Cheating is in perception. Sometimes, it's hard to eat in moderation,

I'm not sure how to make a group. I will look into it :)
  • pgoodt1994
    pgoodt1994 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this challenge!
    I am 40 years old.
    Goal for this challenge: Lost 10 pounds, get into exercise routine
    Strengths: I also have a fantastic support system, have equipment at my house that I can start using instead of it just collecting dust.
    Weaknesses: I love sweets!! Don't eat in moderation if I'm not logging my food.
    End date: August 29
  • GuineaKitty
    GuineaKitty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I will do this challenge. I have been struggling these past few weeks with my diet maybe this will be a step in the right direction.
    My goal is to get under 200lbs. and to start exercising again.
    Strengths: Shopping I buy healthy foods and don't beat myself up when I want ice-cream.
    Weaknesses: Portion control
    My end date 9-7-14
  • juliamamann
    Options
    I'm in!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Hi, this challenge is just what I need right now :-)
    I'd love to join you all.

I've been getting a bit lazy and need a push to try harder (though I'm not sure it will be easy Shannon!)

I'm stuck at 154 lbs right now,and my goal for this challenge is to lose 7 lbs.

I can't exercise hard, but promise to do 5 walks each week.

Strengths - an absolutely unshakable belief that I WILL get to target this time, and that my size 12 (UK) jeans will fit me.

Weaknesses - pizza and chips! and no chocolate for months, then 3 bars in a weekend. Also still seeing pizza as a treat food at the weekend. (though sometimes I manage to fit it into my calories).

End date is 29th August.