Hello from West Virginia

Options
Hello! I am just starting out in a new state, with new job, and a new husband! Due mostly to stress eating and neglecting myself, I have gained 110 lbs since my high school athlete days (years and years ago). I have been inspired by my older sisters to really get serious with my weight loss- especially if I hope to have children in the next few years. The very really possibility of not only gestational diabetes but the numerous other chronic diseases associated with obesity has really hit home with me recently. I have seen so many great success stories on MFP, and I hope one day to be able to share my own success story with you all. Good luck to everyone, and be strong!

Replies

• beth0277
    beth0277 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hiii from a fellow West Virginian! We are a special bunch :)

Best wishes and I can relate...I am working on losing now but did have gestational diabetes when I was pregnant a few years ago, and wasn't even really overweight when I got pregnant. Sadly it didn't really open my eyes much but I'm ready to make a change now!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hey! Great to hear you're here and that you've had some awesome inspiration already! Good luck! This site is awesome if you're ready to commit, it has totally changed my life and my outlook on life :)
  • TonyJamesL
    TonyJamesL Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello! Please feel free to add me - I try to stay active on here. Best of luck!
  • beth0277
    beth0277 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Penthesilea51- I notice your profile says you are a graduate student. Are you studying in WV? I am getting my Masters from WVU so just curious :)
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm basically a West Virginian, and if I had it my way, I'd just go ahead and move across the border. Maybe someday.

Welcome!
  • ljb304
    ljb304 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I"m from WV as well, born and raised. Moved out for a few years only to run back asap. Hope you are loving our beautiful state. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Hi Beth- no, I just graduated (need to update my profile!) from school in Virginia and moved here two months ago. Congratulations on grad school- and good luck with studying!
  • wvuchica43
    wvuchica43 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! I so hope you're enjoying beautiful WV :-) Best of luck from a native WV/WVU grad.

PS what school in Virignia did you graduate from? I just moved to Richmond, VA a few months ago.
  • Penthesilea514
    Options
    Thanks all for the warm welcome! West Virginia is beautiful and I am loving the mountains. Hoping to find some good hiking and camping to really explore once we are settled in. Really set to commit to a lifestyle change and appreciate all of the support here on MFP!
  • Penthesilea514
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! I so hope you're enjoying beautiful WV :-) Best of luck from a native WV/WVU grad.

PS what school in Virignia did you graduate from? I just moved to Richmond, VA a few months ago.

I graduated from Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, but I just got married in Richmond! It's a beautiful city.
  • Morethanwillpower12
    Morethanwillpower12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal and welcome to WV. This is a wonderful site full of helpful tools to aid in your weight loss journey and this is a wonderful state full of natural beauty and great people. Good luck on your weight loss/health goals!
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Hello from your Buckeye neighbor. What part of WV are you in? I'm right across the border in Ohio & have lived in WV several different times. Beautiful countryside. Feel free to add me.
  • Penthesilea514
    Options
    Hello from your Buckeye neighbor. What part of WV are you in? I'm right across the border in Ohio & have lived in WV several different times. Beautiful countryside. Feel free to add me.

Outside Charleston, so not very far away! Thanks =)
  • ljb304
    ljb304 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I work in Charleston, but live an hour north.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I'm not a native of WV but I live in Beckly now going on 2 years.
  • Penthesilea514
    Options
    Loving all the West Virginia (and friendly neighbor) love! And very cool that there are a few of us on MFP from the same area. Nice to have some local support as well as the support of the MFP community!
  • eclaireya
    eclaireya Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey! I live in Richmond, VA too but love every opportunity that we get to go to W. Virginia. My dad's family hails from there so we go on a regular basis. It's such a beautiful state!
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    WV girl here...feel free to add me :-)
  • crunnerwv
    crunnerwv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey! From Hurricane, WV here. Welcome, feel free to add me. :)