Not eating enough calories

Options
scorrea2
scorrea2 Posts: 72 Member
I'm afraid I'm not intaking enough calories a day. My problem is that i think my body adjusted to my small portions that when I try to eat more I feel too full and nausous. What should I do?

Replies

• VTRutz
    VTRutz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    eat calorie dense foods instead of low calorie snacks. (not like big macs and fried chicken, but nuts/seeds/avocado etc... eg, a 1/4c of walnuts has almost 300 calories and healthy fats.)
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    You will ahve to take it slow. By taking it slow it will also have less of an effect on metabolism. Try adding in just 100 calories each day for a week or two. You can do that by having a hard boiled egg and a string cheese snack (spread throughout the day), a small bowl of oatmeal, a smoothie, a protein shake, or even just adding a piece of cheese to one of your meals would add about 100 calories.

For someone that has trouble eating large quantities, it is often easier to eat liquid. Try making a small smoothie after dinner with a cup of strawberries, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, and some other fruit of your choice like mango or blueberries. You can add honey for sweetness.

Another idea would be adding just a few bits to every meal, like have a plum with your lunch (they are in season right now). You could add calories to a salad by adding a high fat dressing made with olive oil.