Positive vs Negative & Motivation

Options
I want to share a little secret with everyone.

Its not all about what you can`t eat, or how much you have to exercise!

Without a positive attitude and the "WANT" everyone fails. Weight loss does not happen over night, getting lean, cut or getting big from lifting, does not happen fast. If your goal is running a marathon, that`s awesome. But work on running a half mile first. Goals set too high are set ups for failure.

I like setting Friday or daily goals, I set this weeks Friday goal on Wed. night. For me, its just like when I played sports. Our goal is a winning season, but it come one game at a time. So take every victory you can.

It takes time and dedication and the want! If you really want it, its there for the taking. But like everything worth having, you have to work for it!

Its not something we, or I just started doing, its a way of life. Our bodies are all different, they gain, lose and grow differently. And we can all thank genetics for that.

So my advise is this, trade the negative stress of looking at the scales daily and trying to figure out how often you can have cheat days, and looking for short cuts on the internet. Odds are, what you find or what that person done won`t work for you anyway.

Trade that for,

Becoming a stronger version of yourself. Learn to have fun and enjoy your new adventure. Do whatever it takes to make you happy. Lose the stress and drama of life. That is the worst crap we put into our bodies. Train your brain, and the body will follow.

Have a great day people, I wish you all the best in your journeys. Its hack squat day, and yes, I`m actually excited about doing 10 to 12 sets of them. \m/ \m/

Replies

• Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. You have a very enlightening point of view!
  • hdacmom
    hdacmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    awesome post! I feel like if I can only get out of my own way, I'd feel fabulous...I'm 43 lbs down, which is great, right? Not me..negative Nancy here....I feel like I should have had a bigger weight loss.... The hardest part of this journey, as for alot of us, is the mental game....I have to work on that every day....I'm not there yet, but I am a work in progress! Thanks for the reminders!!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Good post.

I make daily and weekly goals. Could you give an example of what kind of goal you use for a Friday goal?
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    Good post.

I make daily and weekly goals. Could you give an example of what kind of goal you use for a Friday goal?

Negative Nancy! Hmmm, maybe I need to keep an eye on you! :wink:

My Friday goal for this week was actually 2 parts. Part one, was pester one of my friends until she done some extra AB work, that she thought she would have trouble doing. And she kicked butt when she went for it. I consider helping motivate another person in a positive way a huge win. It not only helps them, I gives me an ego boost, which makes me want it even more for myself.

Part 2 was, 1,200 reps of Ab work for me by the end of the day on Friday. Which I have knocked out 700 of them already. So for me, its forcing myself to do what I tend to overlook. Tired at the end of workouts and I`m ready to leave the gym. So I end up doing the, "I will do them later at home"! Then life takes over that later and they don`t get done.

Thanks for the replies, if I can help in anyway, feel free to send me a note. friend request or whatever. Keep up the good work...
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    In for the sensible OP.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    :heart: this post!
  • ppelleti
    ppelleti Posts: 13
    Options
    It's 7:23am. I just weighed myself,feeling down no lbs. lost- day 6! I just read your posting & I feel hopeful. I will set a Friday goal. I will put on my running shoes & go for a walk along the beach & enjoy healthy food today. Thanks for your excellent post:smile:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Excellent post....I plan my food, now I will plan my excersizes.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    It's 7:23am. I just weighed myself,feeling down no lbs. lost- day 6! I just read your posting & I feel hopeful. I will set a Friday goal. I will put on my running shoes & go for a walk along the beach & enjoy healthy food today. Thanks for your excellent post:smile:

Good for you.

Day 6, don`t be upset, just keep moving forward and it will come.

And seriously, you just set a goal that millions of people dream about. I too live near a beach, and no better way to clear our heads and get some exercise at the same time, as a long walk on the beach. Lots of people on this website would love to trade places with you right now. Enjoy your win, and all the best in your journey.