Ouchie!

Options
I've been exercising everyday and most and 5 days of the week it's been with the treadmill. I haven't had an issue with it until today. My knee is hurting bad and it came out of the blue (like 5 hours after running on the treadmill). Anybody else have this issue' and if so; how did you deal with it. Is it temporary? I really started to love running, I'd be Soooooo upset if there is a problem with it where I can't run or something...

Replies

• Zumbalady808
    Options
    MMMM Treadmills love to hate them.. I would wrap your knee, ice and heat!!!! Stay off the treadmill for a while!!!!

Maybe use an eliptical
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    YIKES! I can't stay off that treadmill, for I don't have a gym membership and my elipitical needs a bolt (which hopefully this weekend it gets fixed!) :(
  • doggiemomma
    Options
    I have the same problem, mine is walking not running, but I am going to have to go to the doctor. It hurts if I straighten it. It hurts if I bend it. My big problem is is that the knee is the one I banged up really badly in a car wreck about 4 years ago. I am hoping it is only sprained and if I rest if for a while it will get better but we will see. ugh....
  • NicolaGoodyear
    Options
    when i first started running on the tredmill i hurt my foot really badly dont know what i did and out of the blue like you i was in agony rested it for the whole week then slowly went back to treadmill.ive not suffered with it since i think it was a stress fracture,maybe could be a simular thing with your knee..rest up for a bit would be my advice xxxx
  • SunLove8
    Options
    I have the same problem, mine is walking not running, but I am going to have to go to the doctor. It hurts if I straighten it. It hurts if I bend it. My big problem is is that the knee is the one I banged up really badly in a car wreck about 4 years ago. I am hoping it is only sprained and if I rest if for a while it will get better but we will see. ugh....

I would think that it would be what you think it is due to it already having been injured. I hope the doctor gives you good news and you heal quickly!
  • SunLove8
    Options
    when i first started running on the tredmill i hurt my foot really badly dont know what i did and out of the blue like you i was in agony rested it for the whole week then slowly went back to treadmill.ive not suffered with it since i think it was a stress fracture,maybe could be a simular thing with your knee..rest up for a bit would be my advice xxxx

That's interesting. I wonder why that is? Maybe just over doing it after not doing it for so long? I'll take your advice and take a break from the treadmill until it feels better. Maybe I'll get going on those pilates :) Thanks for the advice!
  • Zumbalady808
    Options
    Try something else you don't have to go to a Gym, you can get a DVD, a Game for your game Console, Dance Dance, ZUMBA anything they are so much fun and great great cardio so when your ready to go back on the treadmill you will have the stamina