Thighs rubbing together. What do you wear?

Options
PSMTD
PSMTD Posts: 106 Member
I can't be the only one with this problem.
Obvious solution is to buy bigger/longer shorts. Check.
But what do you do when you want to wear skirts or dresses? Spanx? Tights? I live in Florida so it's always hot and my skin seems to always swell. Most of my friends don't have this problem so I figured this would be the place to ask. I know I need to work out more and that will help my chubby areas but in the mean time....
P.S. I've always had, "thunder thighs" even at my lightest weight.

Replies

• SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I like to wear leggings underneath my dresses and skirts, but even pantyhose are better than skin on skin.

However, as I use them less and less, I've found my thighs are hurting less and less. Maybe the skin adjusts?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Baby powder?
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    compression shorts
  • Amandatorie
    Amandatorie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If the skirt/dress is long enough I wear some type of tight shorts underneath. My new favorite is from Jockey and they're called skimmies, I think. They feel like I'm wearing nothing at all, and don't make me too hot, and also don't ride up at all.

If I'm determined to wear short shorts (or a short skirt, I suppose, but none of mine are too short to wear the shorts underneath) then I'll use some Bodyglide on my thighs.

In the winter tights are great, but not in the heat!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I wear Jockey Skimmies Slipshorts underneath dresses. They are thin and breathable and I can't even tell that I have them on. I've worn them on some pretty hot days and they are still super comfy.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A heavy coating of baby powder and/or slip shorts. I gave up on pantyhose for thigh protection after rubbing holes in too many pairs.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    compression shorts

This!
  • Superlissaanne
    Superlissaanne Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    In the winter, fleece lined tights are GREAT! Otherwise I dont really wear dresses in the summer. Any type of shorts or leggings underneath makes me too hot. I would rather wear just the shorts or leggings. Once you get to a certain weight, baby powder and body glide just cause more chafing. I wish I could wear dresses though. Too bad they dont make skimmies in a 3x :(
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    compression shorts. Think 'underarmor' in boxer brief form.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have a thigh gap so I haven't ever experienced this.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    corduroy......may as well have fun while it's happening......

be all zip zip....zip zip.....\m/
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I just keep my legs open
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    corduroy......may as well have fun while it's happening......

be all zip zip....zip zip.....\m/

until you have to run and then your pants catch fire
  • Princess71117
    Princess71117 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I either wear leggings, or if those aren't practical (like if I want to show off some leg, it's hot out, or I'm wearing my scrubs) I put on a pair of biker (spandex-y) shorts!! That way, I at least have some form of fabric between my thighs XD
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    dry deoderant works. There also have a special product for just that to roll on.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I use baby powder daily but it rubs off. Just got back from a trip to Key West and saw one of the girls put deodorant on her thighs. Of course we all had to try it and it worked like a gem!
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Baby powder! Oh, and good or bad, your skin does get used to it...
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I agree with the anti perspirant. Much better than baby powder but I still wear light tight shorts most days
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    Is it a problem of chaffing? If so, put deodorant on your inner thighs. Works like a charm.
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    compression shorts work but really sometimes you dont want shorts under your dress or skirt- most sport or running stores carry this http://www.bodyglide.com/products/anti-chafe/

body glide looks like a stick of deorderant but it goes on clear and provide that slickness to skin so it wont chaffe- its a lifesaver- I keep it in my purse and use it on blisters from stupid dress shoes! or strappy sandals, but it works everywhere skin may rub!