Ladies 5ft 8"-5ft 92 how much do you eat??

Options
XLMACX
XLMACX Posts: 346 Member
:smile: Just out of curiosity really…wondering

Current height and weight in LB,
how many calories you eat daily?
your workout routine?
your average weight loss?

ME
I’m 5ft 8.5” and weight 152lb
I eat 1500cals a day but on a Saturday I eat 2200 meaning I avg at 1600 a day
I walk around 7.5-10mile a week avg pace of 3-3.5mph, Zumba once a week, swim for 45-50mins 3X a week
Avg weight loss 2lb sometimes 1.5lb

????????????

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    What's your maintenance plan? Losing 2 lbs per week with 30 lbs to go seems fast and a recipe for disaster when you reach your goal. Good job, I just might tone it down a little and change your goal to 1 lb per week.
  • XLMACX
    Options
    i have 16lb to go hun and this is why i asked as i'm not sure how to go about thins at moment few people say that loss is too much a week...as for maintenance plan not sure think i would try and maintain at 1800 and see how i go from there?? my plan was to lose as much as possible then get to maintenance and relax as i havent a lot to lose i could get there failry quick and im not starving myself or hungry but would i gain weigth increasing cals if im eating smaller at the moment?

x
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is fast. Up to 2 lbs a week at 150lbs? I usually average about 0.8lbs a week.

- I am about 5'9", I was 246.2lbs this morning (I started at 262.2 in January).
    - I run three times a week. I was doing 2.5 miles 2x's a week and 3-4 miles once a week, but I am up to 2.5-4 for two during the week and 5 miles on the weekend. (Training for a half marathon)
    - I am trying to work in some cross training - push ups, pull ups, exercise DVD's - three days a week when I don't run.
    - My calorie goal is 1650 and I aim to eat back about 1/2 my exercise calories (b/c I know the estimate is high). I am currently focused on eating enough protein.

As I said, I usually average about 0.8lbs a week. But I slack off and maintain and then I get focused and drop a bunch of pounds at once. This week, I am avoiding alcohol, counting calories religiously, getting up at 5am to be sure I get my workouts in... and I have dropped 4 pounds in about 4 days, (but I had been holding steady at 249-251 for a couple months.)
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    i have 16lb to go hun and this is why i asked as i'm not sure how to go about thins at moment few people say that loss is too much a week...as for maintenance plan not sure think i would try and maintain at 1800 and see how i go from there?? my plan was to lose as much as possible then get to maintenance and relax as i havent a lot to lose i could get there failry quick and im not starving myself or hungry but would i gain weigth increasing cals if im eating smaller at the moment?

x

How long have you been losing at this rate? I find I drop a bunch quickly and then nothing happens for a long time... then another "whoosh" as they call it. If you aren't hungry or cranky or lethargic, I wouldn't worry about the pace you are losing.
  • XLMACX
    Options
    That's in around 11 weeks but some weeks I maintained due to binges! It seems to be working well only thing I can think of is maybe I'm burning more during exercise then what I think I use tdee method which seems to work fine x
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

x

How long have you been losing at this rate? I find I drop a bunch quickly and then nothing happens for a long time... then another "whoosh" as they call it. If you aren't hungry or cranky or lethargic, I wouldn't worry about the pace you are losing.

^^This. I'm a little shorter than you (5'6"), but at a similar weight and weight loss goal. Your calorie goal and exercise (I see about 5-6hrs/wk of moderate cardio) sounds realistic and sustainable. Well, I'm biased, since it's almost exactly mine, too, lol!

As long as you are accurate in calorie logging, and enjoying your exercise and not feeling overwhelmed, go for it! If the weight keeps dropping at a very fast rate and you're worried, your TDEE/BMR may be a little higher than the calculators say. Congrats! Then you could eat a little more if you wanted:flowerforyou:

(Hint: at your weight/age/height/activity level--I think your maintenance is higher than 1800. Unless that's your base, sedentary number, and you eat exercise calories on top of that).
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 184 pounds (21% body fat). I maintain at 2600 and I usually eat around 2100 to lose weight.

ETA: I do cardio maybe once a week for 20 minutes and I lift 4-5 days a week.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Current height and weight in LB: 5'8" - last weight in was a couple of weeks ago at 175 lbs
    how many calories you eat daily? my goal is 1700, but it usually averages to around 1800 over the week
    your workout routine? no steady workout routine, some body weight exercises and lightly active hobbies
    your average weight loss? one pound per week
  • XLMACX
    Options
    Very interesting reads!! X
  • tobiasmom
    tobiasmom Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently ~179 lbs (started at logging at 193), and my goal is 145.

I eat usually between 1500-1800 in a day (depending on exercise), but let myself go over one day a week if I want.

I just started (July 1st) Stronglifts 5X5, which I do 3 days a week, and I'm doing a Couch to 5K 3 other days a week. One total rest day.

I've lost 14 lbs since I started logging 55 days ago, which averages out to 1.8lbs/week (I have it set to 1.5/week). Soon (when I'm closer to 170) I'm going to adjust and increase calories to lose 1lb/week.
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    SW: 291
    CW: 222
    GW: 170
    5'9 32 year old female

I eat about 1500 cals a day. Please take this with a grain of salt. Somedays I eat 1200 cals, somedays 1500, and somedays 1700. If I do a leg day and do 30 mins of HIIT cardio I have to eat around 1700 or I feel weak, tired, and stressed. On a weekday where I work at a desk job and it is an off day for the gym I may only eat 1200 cals.
    I work out four times a week for 1.5 hrs. this is almost always 45-60mins of heavy lifting. and 30 mins a cardio, and 10 mins core and stretching. I lose about 1.5-2 lbs a week on average. Pay special attention to "on average" I have a more than one occasion lost 1 lb, gained 2, lost 1 gained 1, this will go on for a week or so and then I lose 4 lbs seemingly overnight.
  • XLMACX
    Options
    Bump
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"9.

I eat 1300 calories a day. Don't have exercise regime at the moment, but go for powerwalks when I can. If I start harder exercise, I suppose I'll eat some back.
    I usually do a fast day of 500 cals on Sundays just to make sure I have a deficit by the end of the week.

My TDEE is about 1750 so I need to go low to lose. Don't have so many to lose.
  • XLMACX
    Options
    That seems so low at 5ft 9! How much have you been losing Hun xx
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Current height and weight in LB: 5'9ft and 151.7lbs
    how many calories you eat daily? 1400-1600 per day but sometimes I binge
    your workout routine? I walk around 10 miles per week but this fluctuates
    your average weight loss? It depends if I'm slacking or not! If I'm not usually around 1.5lb-2lb. If I'm really trying then I tend to eat less calories.

Add me if you like! :)
  • XLMACX
    Options
    Nice to see a lot of people actually eat he the same amount of cals as I roughly do :) thought I was maybe eating too little for my height but were all pretty much the same xx
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 9" current weight 165lbs - would LOVE to get into the 150s but I'm focusing more on body shape now as its less demoralising!

I go to the gym weekday mornings - always start with 20 min cardio and finish with 10 min cardio then weights. HIIT circuits on Weds. Average about 90 minutes per session. Saturday I run around 5.5 miles cross country with the dogs at about 10 minute mile. Apart from last 6 weeks when I've had an achilles injury, Tuesday and Thursday evenings I play touch rugby. Monday if I fancy it I go for a road run of around 6 miles

Eating I'm aiming for an average of 1500 cals per day. I'm 45 and sitting down all day Mon - Friday. Weekends I hardly sit down at all.

Weight has hardly changed over the past 2 years but I'm definitely smaller.
  • XLMACX
    Options
    bump- does anyone eat around 1700 daily and good job on focousing more on image then the scale! ?? x
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    bump- does anyone eat around 1700 daily and good job on focousing more on image then the scale! ?? x

Me! I set up MFP to only lose 0.5lb a week and it initially gave me 1780 cals a day, which went down to 1720 after 7lbs. I'm 5'10 and started off at 14 stone, sedentary. I confess I've slacked a little for the past 3 or 4 weeks since getting back from holiday, but when I was "on it" properly at first I lost 9.5lbs in 10 weeks.

I've never owned scales so it was actually quite difficult to pick a goal weight - I'm more focussed on size and fitting comfortably back into a couple of key items of clothing from about 5 years ago, so I had to make an educated guess as to what weight that might be.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Although I aim for 1500, usually end up between there and 1800!! Depends on what level my comfort or boredom eating is at!! x