constipation

Options
I eat pretty healthy. Since starting work, i wake up at 5 am workout or run for 40-45 minutes. I dont eat until about 11 am which is an apple. I usually have an iced sugar free vanilla coffee. At home i get in and usually have salad with dressing and some type of meat or whatever i make that night. I never eat what i make for everyone else. And then maybe eat some watermelon. I eat a lot of peanuts because i love them. And if i dont have a handful of peanuts i eat my homemade peanut butter.

My problem is yesterday i ate a ton of watermelon and then this morning i had coffee (hot) and no bowel movement. When i dont work i usually eat a little more food. What am i doing wrong. I have slow transit colon and eat a ton of fruits and veggiea. Would the peanuts be making me backed up? I also started adding in unrefined virgin cold pressed coconut oil.

Replies

• superreal40
    superreal40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty healthy. Since starting work, i wake up at 5 am workout or run for 40-45 minutes. I dont eat until about 11 am which is an apple. I usually have an iced sugar free vanilla coffee. At home i get in and usually have salad with dressing and some type of meat or whatever i make that night. I never eat what i make for everyone else. And then maybe eat some watermelon. I eat a lot of peanuts because i love them. And if i dont have a handful of peanuts i eat my homemade peanut butter.

My problem is yesterday i ate a ton of watermelon and then this morning i had coffee (hot) and no bowel movement. When i dont work i usually eat a little more food. What am i doing wrong. I have slow transit colon and eat a ton of fruits and veggiea. Would the peanuts be making me backed up? I also started adding in unrefined virgin cold pressed coconut oil.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I also have constipation issues.. I drink as much water as I can stand, which has helped.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I cant see it being the nuts. They are a fat and a fiber . If anything they should help move things along. I have very slow digestion so I take miralax every day. It disolves in my morning coffee and is totally tasteless. Its also non habit forming and does not make you go...OMG... and no cramping.
    Thats just my unmedical opinion.

Cindy