Bourbon

Options
124»

Replies

• eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have been told recently that i must try Bourbon, and re-try a Manhattan by someone who makes them right!

So this whiskey girl is taking the suggestions too!

You can't go wrong with any whiskey drink. Especially if I'm making them...extra strong... ;P
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have been told recently that i must try Bourbon, and re-try a Manhattan by someone who makes them right!

In my opinion, a Manhattan is properly made with rye. You also want to make sure you have a quality sweet vermouth. I'm a big fan of Carpano Antica. Add a dash of bitters and an orange twist (or Luxardo maraschino cherry if you prefer), and you have a lovely drink. Dang, I still have to go to the gym before it's cocktail hour!

Carpano Antica is just so pricey. I feel like Cocchi di Torino is equally good and half the price. Just make sure you get the right one -- they make a couple of things with similar names.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I love Fekken Irish Whiskey. Very smooth and Yummy!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    If you are ever in Columbia South Carolina there us a restaurant on Main Street called Bourbon. Guess what their specialty is. They are up to almost 200 different bourbon as it is hope to have many more. And the duck is phenomenal.
  • GhostriderMav
    GhostriderMav Posts: 308 Member
    Options

I will make you a drink anytime!
  • kem2070
    kem2070 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Did the Kentucky Bourbon Trail in May. Totally worth it. Able to complete in two days (and added trip to Buffalo Trace, which is no longer part of the trial).

I would like to add Elmer T. Lee to the list of bourbons everyone should try. We used to get it here in Washington state, but it is now a lot more difficult. Should have bought some while in Kentucky.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Angel's Envy - by far the best I've tried. I usually have Woodford, Bulleit (and Rye) and Templeton Rye in the house just so you know what I typically sip.
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

In my opinion, a Manhattan is properly made with rye. You also want to make sure you have a quality sweet vermouth. I'm a big fan of Carpano Antica. Add a dash of bitters and an orange twist (or Luxardo maraschino cherry if you prefer), and you have a lovely drink. Dang, I still have to go to the gym before it's cocktail hour!

Carpano Antica is just so pricey. I feel like Cocchi di Torino is equally good and half the price. Just make sure you get the right one -- they make a couple of things with similar names.

It depends on my mood. Carpano is my default. I love Cocchi's Vermouth di Torino. Punt E Mes is really good as well. I also like to have Dolin Rouge on hand if I want something lighter. I have a vermouth acquisition problem. I need a second fridge.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    This is simply the best I have had in a while. Smooth - small batch bourbon finished in port wine barrels.

angels-envy-bourbon.png
  • Army_Of_One
    Army_Of_One Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like am liking this Wild Turkey Rare Breed . . . mmmmmm mmmmm good!
    :drinker:
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    THE WOODFORD RESERVE and the WIDOW JANE, yo