50ish lbs. to go & Motivated

Options
Hi!
I am new to MFP.
I have lost 8 lbs in the last three and a half weeks. I am losing through calorie restriction, almost daily cardio, and weight lifting 3-4x a week.
I am planning on losing around another 50 lbs. and would love to exchange some accountability and support!

Replies

• chelskii22
    chelskii22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    8lbs in 3 1/2 weeks?! :noway: That's awesome!
  • kotzzz
    kotzzz Posts: 13
    Options
    congrats!!
    right now im only doing cardio, but began considering whether i should start strength training as well (i know it's an obvious question, but i dont know where/how to start D:

btw feel free to add me if that'll help you :)
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, I have about 60lbs to go!
  • plainsdame
    plainsdame Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to stick to cardio too and avoided strength training, I'm not sure why, starting has been great though! It makes me feel strong and empowered. As far as where to start, we have trainers at my YMCA who will walk a person through the machines to get them started.
  • cristinvl
    cristinvl Posts: 9
    Options
    I have to loose the same amount- started about the same time as you around June 8th but did not join this sight till last week-
    but absolutely loving it- totally motivated like you - you can send me a friend request
  • plainsdame
    Options
    Thanks a lot!
  • fashi0nkilla
    fashi0nkilla Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have similar goals. I've been walking everyday and done Insanity in the past. I plan to start Body Revolution soon and keep walking. So far, I've been logging every day.
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great job! I've lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks, and have about 40 more to lose :) Feel free to send a request!
  • plainsdame
    Options
    Great! Lets do it!
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have 37lbs to go, so I feel the lack of motivation at first. I will join a gym (I spend too much with drop ins) Saturday and swim away-day by day min by min this extra stuff. When results are seen in my eyes, and for you we will need no motivation right? That will be it in itself. Add me, we must stay posiive
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You are off to a great start.
    I have 35-50 pounds to lose.
    Feel free to send me a friend request.