using food planner.

Options
dave4d
dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
Does anyone use Mfp to plan their meals, logging them in advance, or do most people use it to track what they've eaten? If you do use it to plan, how far in advance do you plan?

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I enter first thing in the mornin' - never really thought about doin' it for days ahead...but I guess it depends on each person...xo
  • lrmwiggins
    Options
    I just log what I eat as I eat. I do well to plan meal by meal. My days are so crazy I can not imagine planning each meal for the whole week!!! That would be awesome!!
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I plan my whole day first thing in the morning. I usually take my exercise into account, but don't log that until I actually do it. I find it really helps me if I might make some bad choices, but it also really helps when I need to make sure I eat, or stay away from certain food when I'm training (I'm a runner, and gluten intolerant).

More often then not, I end up deleting something I didn't eat, or changing a quantity. I usually only do my advance planning during the week when I work since that's predictable, and work is a terrible spot for me because I will mindlessly eat at my desk when I'm working on projects.

I also have a "bad influence husband" who can push me right off track in a heartbeat, so if I have my "plan" it's so much easier to stick to it!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I plan one day in advance. This helps to keep me in line more so than winging it day by day.
    I know what I'm eating and can take my mind off of the food. Puts me on cruise control.
    I also get my food together the night before so even more temptation is removed the next day,
    especially after work when I'm at my weakest discipline wise.
  • tlauzis
    tlauzis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to posp/plan for a few days in advance. It helps me to prepare a grocery shopping list and I can cook ahead that way. Of course, the day is always open for changes as it occurs, but planning in advance helps me to stay on track better and keep my ratios in check. If I burn more or less calories than planned for the specific day, I can add or subtract as needed.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I put mine in this morning, letting me know where I would sit with what I had planned. I think it will help. If I eat something other than plan, I can always edit later.
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I will usually plan my next meal while Im eating the one before it and kinda adjust as i eat thoughout the day (usually have to take something off cause I used to many calories between) but alot of time my wife changes her mind about what is for dinner though out the day at least 3 times (shes pregnant and always feels like something different by the time I get home no matter how may times ive asked her what she wants) so planning ahead any farther than that for me would be a waste of time. It would be nice if I could so I could make meals ahead of time but she makes it impossible :)