How much water do you drink

Options
I know the recommendation about water intake... but how much HONESTLY do you drink each day? Do you have greater weight loss success when you drink more? Oh, also, what other liquids do you consider "water" as far as tracking?

Just out of total curiosity. :)

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I drink between 5 and 7 litres a day. I constantly have a 1 litre water bottle at my desk and fill it 3-4 times a day minimum and I'll knock off 2-3 litres of sparkling water at home of a night. If I don't have my constant water I feel YUCK.
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I drink 6 to 10 cups a day. The 6 is typically on the weekend. I count water with flavorings like crystal light or mio as water.
    I'm not a big fan of plain water. I don't know if its helped with weight loss but I don't feel as tired for some reason.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I don't track my liquids, but I start the day with 16oz of water, followed by one or two cups of tea. Then a coffee or a latte, then tea at work (3 cups) or flavoured club soda. As I am now cycling home, I will have water on the bike. Then 36 - 48oz of beer (week night) at home.

They are all liquid and they all contain water.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I usually drink about 14 cups of water a day. I only count water as water even if I put crystal light or mio or something like that in it.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I try to drink 15 cups a day
  • Adefowler
    Adefowler Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    A gallon/day is my goal. I LOVE water. I loved water before my weightloss journey, so pretty much it's my favorite drink.

Not sure about weight loss, but I have so much energy when I drink my water. When I don't drink it, I'll be so sluggish and tired...and I'll crave sweets.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    4-6 liters generally. I sweat like crazy, so I feel more hydrated/better when I drink closer to 6. Sometimes, people mistake thirst for hunger. So it doesn't hurt to drink water to test to see if you are hungry or just thirsty.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I generally drink at least 4 liters of water a day plus other beverages (soda, juice, milk, tea, etc) on top of that.
  • aubtimusprime
    aubtimusprime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A ridiculous amount. Probably anywhere from 3-5L. I like to get the smartwater bottles and refill them at work. They're 700mL each and I drink at least 6-8 of them a night. If I don't drink water, I feel like crap. I just track it until the cup floweth over, haha.
  • Robotponysaurus
    Options
    40-80 ounces, depending on how distracted I am. Usually closer to 80. That doesn't include water I drink when working out.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    100-130 oz. A day........
  • mdt07
    mdt07 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My goal is a gallon a day. But I typically get in about 10 glasses. I feel better when I drink more water. In my mind the weight is better when I drink more water vs the times when I am not drinking the recommended 8 glasses.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I guess from the looks of things, I dont drink nearly enough water. I try to get In 2 500ml bottles and about 4 large black coffees.
    Need to get off my squishy *kitten* and chug a lug...
  • sassymc86
    sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    As much as possible! On average 3ltr + other fluid. Don't notice weight difference with it but improvement in lots of other areas. Skin ect
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    I have a 52oz Bubba Keg. I drink at least 2 of these a day, plus at least 1 coffee, 1 or 2 'hot lemon' (16-20oz hot water and half a lemon, juiced), plus maybe 1-2 cups skim milk and 3-4 times a weel, a can pf diet A&W rootbeer. Occasionally I will drink unsweet tea or club soda and fresh lime juice.
  • choicewords
    choicewords Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The whole "8 glasses a day" thing has been disproved by more recent science. If you just love water, go for it. Otherwise, remember that fruits and veggies are full of water. I consider unsweetened tea water also. I have found that I like spring water if it's super duper cold. Also, I like a pitcher of fruit-infused water - e.g., mush up some strawberries, kiwi, watermelon, whatever, add it to a pitcher, fill it up with water (I like sparkling water with lime or orange flavoring), and refrigerate for several hours. Not so boring. Check out more recipes online.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I try to alternate a glass of water with my beers
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i drink 6 to 8cups of water most days, and count herb tea sweetened with stevia as water, although i haven't been drinking any recently.
  • LYL353
    LYL353 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I try to alternate a glass of water with my beers

LOL - so, I guess the question for you would be, "How many beers do you have each day?" :)
  • fashi0nkilla
    fashi0nkilla Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I try to drink 4 liters a day. If my sodium is high I will try to drink 1-2 additional liters.