please help

Options
I eat pretty healthy. Since starting work, i wake up at 5 am workout or run for 40-45 minutes. I dont eat until about 11 am which is an apple. I usually have an iced sugar free vanilla coffee. At home i get in and usually have salad with dressing and some type of meat or whatever i make that night. I never eat what i make for everyone else. And then maybe eat some watermelon. I eat a lot of peanuts because i love them. And if i dont have a handful of peanuts i eat my homemade peanut butter.

My problem is yesterday i ate a ton of watermelon and then this morning i had coffee (hot) and no bowel movement. When i dont work i usually eat a little more food. What am i doing wrong. I have slow transit colon and eat a ton of fruits and veggiea. Would the peanuts be making me backed up? I also started adding in unrefined virgin cold pressed coconut oil.

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If you are having bowel issues..please consult with a doctor.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What you list is very little food... Probably not enough to make any poop...
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    You first posted this on July 7. So, have you still not pooped? If that's the case, I'd think a Dr's visit would be in order?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    You first posted this on July 7. So, have you still not pooped? If that's the case, I'd think a Dr's visit would be in order?

I did wonder why it was in a quote...
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Try supplementing your normal diet with OTC magnesium tablets twice a day per the usage recommendation on the bottle. From my own experience, I guarantee that your issue will be resolved in just a day or two.

By the way, calcium is the opposite side of the same coin. Taking a regular dose of calcium will cause constipation.
  • superreal40
    superreal40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eats like when i eat peanut butter and watermelon, i feel lile i gain weight in my middle. No! I have went since i pisted the other day. I have had a colonoscopy and tests all saying im normal to be slow with BM.. i hate this though..is it the watermelon making me fat or what
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Eats like when i eat peanut butter and watermelon, i feel lile i gain weight in my middle. No! I have went since i pisted the other day. I have had a colonoscopy and tests all saying im normal to be slow with BM.. i hate this though..is it the watermelon making me fat or what

Yes watermelon is making you fat. Stop consuming watermelon.
  • superreal40
    superreal40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Serious @supertact
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm still wondering how the OP can say she only eats an apple, peanut butter, watermelon and a salad a day but still say it's healthy .
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Yes watermelon is making you fat. Stop consuming watermelon.

The saddest thing is that OP thinks you're serious....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    OP, poop is a waste product. If you don't eat enough to create waste, there is no poop. From what you've posted, you are eating nowhere near enough, so it is not at all unusual you haven't pooped.
  • Eastern_Echo23
    Eastern_Echo23 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I guess if your a cat.... i'd pick you up and pet you