Good 1st date ideas not involving food? Something fun

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    No offense.
    "Fun" on a first date feels awkward and forced. This is why it's often food.

I suggest food

That is why I suggest banging. You are both at least thinking about it, are attracted to one another, and the sexual tension shows. So bang and then have fun as two relaxed and happy people.
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I live in a pretty old and interesting city so if my date isn't familiar with it, I'll often do a little walking tour, hit a museum, go for lunch or coffee if we're having a good time, and round it off with a walk around one of the local parks before looping back to the train station. For local dates, wandering round favorite places, museums, and a park, or a bit of a ramble in the countryside. I find I average about 10 miles of walking on a date, which is more than enough to burn off whatever we had for food!
  • EllenKay63
    EllenKay63 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Go to a Bike Trail. You can talk while you ride and enjoy the view.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    For a first date you want something that could be long or short, depending on if you hit it off. I always just had tea, which has basically no calories and you could potentially end the date when the cup is finished. I always thought flying a kite would be cool on a first date, but the date I tried that one on was not into it (and there was no second date after that!). I did a hike once on a first date but I found the guy annoying and couldn't wait to get away from him.
    Tea (or coffee) is kind of safe and neutral, but yeah a little boring.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Arcades, museums, zoos, amusement parks, parks in general, mini golf, laser tag, ice skating, roller skating, wall climbing, there is always the movies, paint ball, skiing or snowboarding, play a sport, take a class, go to a faire or festival, stay in an watch movies /play video games/play board games. There are lots of options depending on your hobbies.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    That is why I suggest banging. You are both at least thinking about it, are attracted to one another, and the sexual tension shows. So bang and then have fun as two relaxed and happy people.

If your date (1st date) suggests "banging," I suggest you hand him a mallet, put him in front of a drum, and walk away.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    My first date (and in-person meeting) with the hubs was a round of mini golf. :heart: It's public, with lots of people around, and you can arrive separately. If you don't hit it off, you only need to suffer through one round. If you DO hit it off, you can play a second round...or sit and talk and have an ice cream cone (99.9% of the mini golf places here also serve ice cream). :flowerforyou:
  • Coltsforlife
    Coltsforlife Posts: 124
    Options
    The zoo!! or a lake
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    My first date was a bike ride with my boyfriend(now hubby) to a beach..followed by some ice cream. Some sort of food must always be involved for me to have fun! No wonder i am here :grumble:
  • CMB1979
    Options
    Aquarium or arboretum or botanical garden or anywhere you can talk with a clear view of the exits.
  • wheird
    Options

If your date (1st date) suggests "banging," I suggest you hand him a mallet, put him in front of a drum, and walk away.

If your date has a mallet and a drum handy during a first date, she's probably married to this guy.
  • wheird
    Options
    Aquarium or arboretum or botanical garden or anywhere you can talk with a clear view of the exits.

That doesn't sound mind numbingly boring at all.
  • CMB1979
    Options

If your date has a mallet and a drum handy during a first date, she's probably married to this guy.

A lucky woman too.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I just noticed OP is from Houston, and I use to live there, so here are some good local ideas for you.

Kemah boardwalk. Always fun, or visit all the little shops in Kemah
    Walk down the Galveston Seawall.
    Go window shopping in the Galleria.
    Putput golf and games.
    Laserquest
    Ice skating in the galleria
    houston museum of natural science
    houston zoo
    museum of fine arts
    Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens
    see something at the wortham or alley theater
    herman park
    the water wall is pretty and there are the horse carriage rides
    space center houston

I know there are more but these popped into my head first. :)
  • CMB1979
    Options

But still more fun than blood tests and swabs at the public health clinic for your 2nd date.
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Not sure it's ideal first-date material (because harnesses), but I have always fun on dates at the rock gym.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    amusement parks
    bowling
    a walk in a nearby city
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Just bang so the ice is broken

But it has to be an *kitten* bang though...
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My favourite dates have been when I was trying something new like roller blading, ice skating, My first date with my boyfriend, we played pool and darts then went for a drive to a little stream in the middle of the night. It was perfect. I think the best dates are those that aren't planned out. Just let the day take you where it may
  • wheird
    Options

But still more fun than blood tests and swabs at the public health clinic for your 2nd date.

This speaks volumes about the type of women you date. :noway: