Healthy and Easy Breakfast ideas

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for easy and healthy ideas for breakfast, i honestly hate breakfast, for some reason i never liked it but i'm trying to do my 5 meals a day now and i find it really hard to come up with breakfast ideas!

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks very much

(Feel free to add me, i'm new here)

Stay motivated!

Replies

• blatantlyo
    blatantlyo Posts: 30
    Options
    If you don't like eating breakfast, maybe you could try protein shakes in the morning?
  • Kallie0612
    Kallie0612 Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes, what happens is that i don't want to buy protein shakes until i'm exercising enough, i started eating healthy this week and i'm planning to join the gym once i'm used to eating healthy, the reason is i have tried losing weight before and when i'm exercising i feel hunger and that always makes me break the diet and start eating bad again so i want to get used to only eating healthy. If this makes any sense lol
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I couldn't live without my oatmeal every morning.
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My goto is an egg beater nuked with salsa added Takes 1 minute. Lately I've been on a cleanse and it has protein shakes. I am lazy and not too efficient in the morning. I have a cheap knockoff bullet blender. I mix my milk, nuts, seeds and spices at night, screw the lid on give it a whirl and rest it overnight in the fridge. In the AM I give it another quick whirl, then add the frozen fruit and avocado. Whip it up and breakfast is served.
  • MaDwItNeWfLaVa
    MaDwItNeWfLaVa Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    As someone else said, oatmeal (I put blueberries and walnuts on mine.) You could also try all bran flakes with soy milk. A boiled egg. You could try just having an orange or an apple. Any piece of fruit really. I either eat one of those choices, bran flakes is my top choice..
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    cereal with milk
    yoghurt with fruit
    just fruit - a banana maybe?
    scrambled egg(s) with veggies of your choice and/or toast
    leftovers from last night's dinner
    make a batch of fruity flapjacks or savoury/breakfast muffins so you can just grab one

I have special k (red berries) with milk and a banana almost every morning - no thought required!
  • willow_rb
    willow_rb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I too like oatmeal for breakfast. I eat mine with strawberries and some greek yogurt with honey. Yum! My go to breakfast is whole wheat toast with almond butter. Or how about trying a boiled egg with toast? Or some fruit like a banana or an orange in the mornings.
    On a side note, I totally get the thing about going to the gym and getting so hungry that you end up eating a lot-I too have had the same problem. What I do is make sure that I have avocados and fruits like banana, orange always in my fridge. After my workout I eat the fruit immediately, then if I'm still hungry I slice up the avocado, add salt and pepper and eat it on toast.
    Hope all the above ideas helped you to some extent.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit is my to go breakfast on weekdays, eggs in various ways on the weekends. Hard boiled eggs (protein!) are simple to make ahead of time. Grab some cheese, greek yogurt, nuts or nut butters (all have protein).

Overnight oats, you mix steel cut oats with greek yogurt, soy milk or whatever you'd like and put it in the frig. In the morning, mix it up, add some berries and nuts and it's ready to go. (There are tons of recipe variations online for them.) I've been reading about chia seeds and how they are great to mix with oats, yogurt, smoothies etc but I've not tried them myself yet.

When you have time, an omelet filled with veggies is great. Or I like to scramble 2 eggs, add cheese or veggies and make a wrap using a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (fewer carbs and higher protein/fiber than regular ones).

You don't have to eat traditional breakfast foods either. Leftovers are great. Your only limit is what you like.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm looking for easy and healthy ideas for breakfast, i honestly hate breakfast, for some reason i never liked it but i'm trying to do my 5 meals a day now and i find it really hard to come up with breakfast ideas!

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks very much

(Feel free to add me, i'm new here)

Stay motivated!

Steel cut oats with flax/chia seeds

Greek yogurt with fresh fruit

Cottage cheese with fresh fruit

Eggs with toast

Eggs with bacon

Veggie omelet

Protein shake

Smoothie with hemp protein powder

English muffin with peanut butter and banana slices
  • walktheweightaway
    Options
    I like mixing together veggies, an egg, and pre-cooked rice, then frying it in a pan. If you do the prep beforehand its a pretty quick and nutrient rich breakfast. Keeps me full for hours :)
  • erinhood35
    erinhood35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like avocado as a spread on gluten-free bread. Just this morning I mixed up a small avocado, minced radish and lemon juice with salt and pepper as a spread on my toast
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is 1 low fat yogurt, 100g blueberries, and a half cup granola. Voila breakfast parfait...
  • ArvinSloane
    ArvinSloane Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! I use oats, a tablespoon of peanut butter, a little cinnamon, and a little honey. Pour on hot water, stir it up, and it's instant delicious.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I get 6 slices of grainy bread, cut off the crusts, flatted them and then use them to line 6 muffin cups in a muffin tin (leave the corners sticking up, it's supposed to be a bit messy). Cut up some ham/spinach/mushrooms/tomato/anything that floats your boat and put a couple tablespoons in the bread cup. Crack an egg over each one, sprinkle on some parmesan and herbs and bake until the egg is set. Voila, it's your whole breakfast in a toasted convenient bread cup! Great for pre-making or breakfast on the go or makes a cute brunch.

Other than that, don't feel tied to 'breakfast' food. You can eat what you want for breakfast. I often have tuna on crackers.
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfasts are:

- a poached egg on a slice of whole grain toast
    - half an avocado on a toasted English muffin
    - chia seed pudding with fruit
    - Greek yogurt with berries, granola and a touch of honey
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I use breakfast recipes from Jeannette Jenkins and Jillian Michaels to keep me satisfied and healthy