Suggestions for low calorie protein

Options
Rebamae
Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
I am needing ideas for low calorie protein.

Thanks!

Replies

• lightemupdc
    lightemupdc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    "Low calorie" is somewhat relative, but to me a few of the standards...eggs or egg whites, chicken breast tenderloins, lean ground beef, lean ground turkey..cheese is another but not quite as much protein for the calories relative to the others.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Also greek yogurt (read the label, some have more protein than others), tuna, skim milk or buy some protein powder. You can add it to smoothies, milk, yogurt, oatmeal etc to boost protein levels in foods you already eat.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Kroger carbmaster skim milk. 11 g of protein a cup and only 60 calories. Also comes in vanilla and chocolate. I use the vanilla in my coffee, goes In fine with no curdling for a great hi protein low cal latte. Kale, egg whites, Greek yogurt, chicken breast, venison
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    pb 2 (I buy it on line it's powdered peanut butter with less fat and calories. I mix mine with non fat plain greek yogurt and it tastes great and is high protein.)
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    beef jerky but it will be high sodium so lots of water
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My favorites for taste: 99% fat free ground turkey (I put in spaghetti sauces or my jarred Indian curry sauce), whole eggs, milk, and don't laugh, but fat free mozz cheese. Not great for a caprese salad or with a cracker, but fine for omelets or in a dish.
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    nutrabolics hydropure
    .5g fat
    .5g carbs
    27g protein
    115cals
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!! :drinker:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Boneless/skinless chicken breast, boiled or steamed
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    mozzarella cheese sticks (and the light versions too) and any of the cheese sticks! raw almonds!

Nature Valley Protien Chewy Bar - Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate 10 grams of protein and 190 calories. With fat free milk a good small breakfast with a piece of fruit.