Looking to add some friends

Options
So I have been on here a few days and found a few friends, and I find having those few friends pretty helpful so I was hoping to find some others to add as well. The more friends the better. We can help support/motivate one another and even share ideas for meals and excercise.

A little about myself first... Well first off my name is Stacey and I am 31 years old, I have been married for 6 years and we have a wonderful 3 year old son. I gained some weight back when i was pregnant and being home over the last 3 years has helped me to add a few more pounds. I was always worked and was on my feet 8-12 hours a day and able to eat what I wanted and not have to worry since I was always on the go.. But being home and not working or moving constantly has been a small issue since I was still eating what I wanted when i wanted. I have tried diets in the past but I guess I never planned it well and then usually gave up. I have been eating healthy since January 2nd and have lost a total of 6 lbs. 1 pound prior to joining this site, and with the help of MFP I have already lost 5 pounds in less than a week. I know every week wont be that nice, but every bit helps. I have about 30 more lbs to go and figure since I am gonna be here a while I should make friends. *O yeah and I can be very chatty sometimes..lol

Replies

• thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, im always on the look out for friends :) My names Stacey too
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hi good to meet ya!! You can certainly add me as a friend!!
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hi good to meet ya!! You can certainly add me as a friend!!
  • JennO12
    Options
    I feel the same, I will add you as a friend, we can cheer each other on!!!
  • Terri35
    Options
    You can add me too! I am new to the site as well! :) Looking for more friends to help support each other! :happy:
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    I can never have enough chatty friends!
  • Robin234
    Options
    Hello Stacey,

My name is Robin. I just joined the site today. I am 38 years old and I am married with two children. My son just turned 16 and my daughter just turned 15....they are 1 year and 3 weeks apart...Closest thing to twins that I would ever want to have...lol.

I use to be in good shape. I went to arobics 3 times a week, I would walk, etc...until I had kids. When I had kids, I put all my stuff on the back burner. I didn't go to arobics because I didn't have anyone to watch the kids, I didn't go walk because they were too little to go, etc... I found that even when they got bigger, I still use the same excusie in my mind. I have to run and pick up the kids from school...I don't have time to go to the gym because I have to fix dinner and the kids need to be home to do their home work...you get the idea. If I didn't reason my way out of excerise because of the kids, I did it because my back or my sugar level bouncing... I guess I tell you all this to say, I have let myself get out of shape becuase of not taking the time for myself. Don't do what I did. I now need to loose 100 lbs.

Thanks for listening...sorry I rambled so much. I can be a little chatty at times too. :)
  • swalthes
    Options
    Thanks Robin, Well now we can lose our weight together. 2 Chatty people and all the Help of the site
  • kamelia74
    kamelia74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, Stacey nice to meet you. You can add me as a friend. The more support we have the more determined we are to keep our goals.
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    Hi Stacey! Feel free to add me. I'm a stay-at-home mom to a 2 and a half year old. Would love to have some more support on here also!
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    Add me if you like, I'm another Stacey! :happy:
  • PEMAMA
    PEMAMA Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everybody! I have been a Health/P.E. Teacher for 20 years.(I can't believe it) I am married with 4 kids. My oldest , in the pic, is going to college next year and my youngest will be staring kindergarten. I have really tried to take care of myself throughout the years to be an example and role model for my students. I have had a rough year. I have had surgery on both shoulders so my ability to exercise has been greatly inhibited. My problem area, of course, is my stomach. I can't seem to get rid of the love handles from having 4 kids. I haven't given up and I keep searching for the answer. I have found that eating five times a day and interval training is the key for me.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • tish30930
    tish30930 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for about 2 weeks now, and have already seen great results! I could totally use more friends on here. I just reached the scarey "10 More to Go" mark when I stepped on the scale this morning. It's the same 10 I've been wanting to lose, talked about losing, lost and regained 3-6 pounds at a time 10 times, for the past 10 years!!! So this time, I'm determined to actually do it. I need all the support I can get, and sometimes just seeing other's successes as well as struggles makes it easier. I don't and can't do this alone! You can add me as a friend if you like! PS: I need help getting motivated to exercise!
  • LivingFree
    Options
    Hi Stacey, I am new here too. You can add me - the more support the better we all can do this!