recommended APP for tracking weight settings/reps?

Options
I am just getting back in to the gym and will be starting with the machines first. I used to have a clipboard with a trainer workout set up with which machines at which weight etc.....made it easy to just walk up and set a machine for a quicker workout and tracking my progress as I improve.

Any recommended app to do this on my droid phone?

Replies

• iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    anyone? bumping now that it is later in the day :)
  • AtmaKing
    AtmaKing Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    JEFIT
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I prefer good old fashioned pen and paper for this. I use a small journal type spiral notebook. You could also create a spreadsheet and add it to google docs. Then access it and update it while at the gym working out. I know a few members at my gym do this.
  • badcemom
    badcemom Posts: 50
    Options
    MobileFit, if your gym uses it.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    +1 on JEFIT
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will check out jefit. Not sure if my gym uses the other one...
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Liftbook works pretty well for me.
  • Aussie_in_PA
    Aussie_in_PA Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    GymRat
  • Jake_82
    Jake_82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    JEFIT

This app is the best on Andriod imo
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone, and I tried a few things, but jefit seems to work the best for my needs.
    I did the StrongLifts program for 3 months and it has a specific app called SL 5x5 which is great if and only if you do not deviate from the program. At the moment you want to add an extra lift or two to the program that app became useless.
    I tried an app called Multi- year, which seem good, but you can not really try it out for free. It only let you log like 3 workouts and then you have to pay $3 to log and every additional feature is another $2-3-4-8 . I do not mind paying some fix amount for an app if it is really great. However this paying for every tiny feature separately bug me a lot..
    JEFIT is free and so far it does what I need it for.
    I'll keep an eye on this topic though. Maybe somebody will suggest an even better app.;)