Your fave workout dvds

Options
I have 3 little boys so getting out to a gym is hard... if not impossible :laugh: I need some suggestions on workout dvds so I can do my excercise at home! What are your faves? Which ones work the best for weight loss and scultpting/toning??? Which ones do you hate?

Replies

• Kirsti
    Kirsti Posts: 53
    Options
    I have 3 little boys so getting out to a gym is hard... if not impossible :laugh: I need some suggestions on workout dvds so I can do my excercise at home! What are your faves? Which ones work the best for weight loss and scultpting/toning??? Which ones do you hate?
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I have two little ones. Today one is 2 years old and the other just turned 3on Monday! I cant make it to a gym either. My fave workout vids are Tae bo 8 min workout which I double up so 16 mins. Some Zumba vids I watch on youtube, and my Jillian Michales 30 day shred. My youngest always tries to do them with me its really cute haha
  • EM13
    EM13 Posts: 17
    Options
    :bigsmile: Jillian Michales 30 day shred... MY FAVORITE!!!! :smile:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Diddo on the TaeBo! :bigsmile: I have a 5 disc set, amped version, and it kicks my butt everytime! I love my pilates, too.

Gotta try Jillian - I hear she's a "treat" (that was sarcasm):happy:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Beachbody has a whole bunch of great DVD's. I have 3 girls and have been a home exerciser for years. Send me a message if you need some suggestions!

Jess
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Like the Biggest Loser ones. I like Bob better than Jillian.
    Also like Rodney Yee yoga videos. My favorite is Strength, Stamina, and Flexibility.

Didn't like: the ones from Exercise T.V., got the "Star Trainers" one, it was awful - endorsing sugar water, taking commercial breaks that weren't there, urgh. Didn't like Jari Love either.

I like longer videos, no 10 minute stuff for me.
  • mandanroger08
    Options
    try fat to firm fast. its great. when i first bought it i thought i can't do this stuff. but it worked out really well. last time i lost 20 pounds easy with it but then i gave up. i've got the routine down though and you'll love it . it mixes mini cardio's with strenght training and it also has a warm up and relaxing session at the end. i have two girl ages 2 and 3. they try to do it with me lol its so cute.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    P90x by a mile!!! Best workouts I've ever gotten and it never gets old or routine!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I also have 3 boys, and can't go to a gym. I have been using the dvd's from Women's Health Magazine. Right now I am doing the fat burn dvd with Amy Dixon, and I really like it. I can feel myself getting toned from it already, and have only been doing it for a couple of weeks, 2 or 3 days a week.
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Jillian Micheals 30 day shred.....I also like the newest biggest loser one and I just bought the tony horton 10 minute workouts (haven't tried them yet) and I am waiting on the P90 disks as well........it seems the best ones have a mix of strength training and cardio worked into one workout....I have seen the quickest and best results with that type of formula. Good luck :)
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE (loooove) TaeBo. I had a 5 disc "bootcamp" set and it was great. I had some MAJOR issues ordering the most recent series (with the amp bar or whatever) and really really bad customer service (Which I believe they outsource) that I could never actually get to the bottom of. Their site is horrid to order from as well. It was a huge ordeal that I could never possibly get into enough detail about here without writing a novel. Let's just say it took several months to resolve all of the issues.

Last January we'd had a break-in and my favourite of all TaeBo bootcamp DVDs (the 30 minute live cardio one that I did most often) was in the DVD player in the living room that had been stolen. Because of the customer service issues I will never buy from them again, and so I started looking for a replacement series. I found Chalene Johnson's Turbo Jam via beachbody.com and I love it even more... if that's possible. The customer service at beachbody has been great and the workouts are seriously FUN with great music. And I thought I might get a bit annoyed at the "perky blonde" after awhile, but I just love Chalene -- she really pumps me up and motivates me, which Billy Blanks of TaeBo didn't really do during the workout.

I highly recommend the Turbo Jam series. And some of the recipes in the book that comes with it were absolutely fabulous, too. :)

Good luck!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    The DVD I am currently doing is Walk Away the Pounds Express...it's a walking DVD but you do it in your home, and it works upper and lower body. I like it because, although it is a struggle at some points, I can keep up with it and burn a lot of calories. the instructor's name is Leslie, but I can't remember her last name...but I like it...
  • Kirsti
    Kirsti Posts: 53
    Options
    Wow... great suggestions! I think I'll order a few online today! I picked up the BIlly Banks Tae Bo Amped full throttle (pr spmething like that :laugh: ) yesterday at Walmart but have yet to try it out!
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    The DVD I am currently doing is Walk Away the Pounds Express...it's a walking DVD but you do it in your home, and it works upper and lower body. I like it because, although it is a struggle at some points, I can keep up with it and burn a lot of calories. the instructor's name is Leslie, but I can't remember her last name...but I like it...

Leslie Sansone. :wink:

I love her videos! They are so easy to follow, and make me feel like I had a great workout.

I do the Walk Away The Pounds 1 mile, 2 mile, and 3 mile.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Leslie Sansone. :wink:

I love her videos! They are so easy to follow, and make me feel like I had a great workout.

I do the Walk Away The Pounds 1 mile, 2 mile, and 3 mile.

Yes thats it...I love her!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I just ordered 2 of the biggest loser ones from walmart.com yesterday. OUr walmart sucks here and only has about 7 exercise dvds. Will tell you how they are once I get them home. I used to taebo when I had a vcr havent bought it on dvd yet. My son at them time was about 4 and he used to try and do it with me. It was so funny to watch him kick. LOL

Connie

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I've used The Biggest Loser, Hip Hop Abs, Windsor Pilates, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and am currently doing Turbo Jam. I like exercising at home so I pick a DVD and use it for about a month & then switch to avoid boredom. I like them all.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    my favorite workout dvds are definitely Cathe Friedrich! As a matter of fact,its all i own(lol)Her workouts have helped me achieve my weightloss so far! Very challenging:wink:

good luck to you!:smile:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Beachbody.com has quite a selection of workout dvd's that can be done at home, with minimal equipment. I too adore P90X and am on my 3rd round since December 2007. But they have many other types. Check them out
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Currently in love with World Dance New York's, "Luscious", Bellydance workout...also love Rainbeau Mars Yoga DVDs.

I've seen the infomercials for Beachbody and P90X and they look wonderful as well...before I started dancing I practiced Taebo...my body is getting curvier and more feminine looking since I started dancing...also more flexible...the level of difficulty is zero and it is so much fun! It never seems like exercise but it is excellent with many health benefits.