Girlfriends please... Technique advice needed (not lifting)

Options
I've lost a bunch of weight and decided to get some "shape wear" (aka a girdle). So I got a Soma long line piece which I LOVE. It really controls the jiggle and smooths things out. The style I bought is one piece that goes under the bra line in front and extends to just above the knees. It has a disappearing hem, meaning it truly doesn't leave a line where it ends at the thigh. Here is the problem: maybe there is another, more PC way to put it, but the thing is crotchless. I'm assuming this is for "ease" in going to the bathroom, rather than completely disrobing? However, I can't seem to get the hang of it... The first time I wore it I also wore panties, so when I tried to "go" I pulled everything aside but ended up peeing all over myself... FAIL! So, today I went "commando" under it, and I don't know, call me old fashioned but it's just a little too breezy. And it's still difficult to get just the right angle when trying to "go", so I ended up getting nearly naked in a public restroom....

So girlfriends, please... any tips, tricks, or techniques you have for me would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a bunch!
Alecia

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I do not understand how it is causing an issue if it is crotchless.

I would take a pair of scissors to it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It sounds like more of a pain than it's worth.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    My mind must be in the gutter. When you said it is crotchless for ease, going to the bathroom did not even occur to me at first. I have no idea. I have never even seen a girdle. I thought that Spanx were the thing these days?
  • cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The technique I finally used was ditching that style and going with separates or the bottoms that come under the bra. I'm not really sure why that style is considered "crotchless" when, clearly, it's not. Good luck!
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Is there no way to pull the panties down while wearing it? If not, you may want to get used to commando, because I don't see a good way to "pull aside" the fabric and not get all... wet. :( Sorry! I hope you figure something out, it sounds like it makes you feel pretty!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You have to get used to squatting properly, more of a powerlifting stance than an olympic stance. Wide feet, toes pointed out, and grab each side of the crotch crossover opening and pull. Make sure you are leaned forward sufficiently to get the fabric out of the way. Then make sure you don't pee on your shoes.

Good luck OP.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Could you put the underwear over top of it? Or would that ruin the seamless effect of it?
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Can you not just hike the girdle up and yank the drawers down, if its crotchless I cant see why not...
  • Celia_Arminta
    Celia_Arminta Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    couldnt you put panties over the shapewear? or is it the slip type?
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I own exactly what you're talking about. I'm unsure why you're having such difficulties. And I even wore mine under this huge bridesmaid dress while consuming copious amounts of alcohol on one occasion without problems.

Best of luck.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    It's called a split-crotch gusset, and it is awesome (for several reasons). Takes a bit of practice, but worth it. GIT IT GURL! :drinker:
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Okay, maybe I wasn't quite clear. It's one piece, goes over my shoulders and has a low scoop in front , a racer back and it goes down both legs like tights or shorts to my knees. The crotchless part is actually a slit that overlaps slightly. I'm assuming you need to squat and spread the fabric... I didn't quite do it right because everything got wet...
  • AleciaG724
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by, but not helpful... :)
  • AleciaG724
    Options
    Yes! I can see what you're saying! I will try this technique - thank you!!
  • AleciaG724
    Options
    Ahh, split gusset, much more PC. Thanks for your support, I'll keep trying!
  • Bryan190
    Bryan190 Posts: 54
    Options
    Dayam, and I thought peeing with a Smartcarry was complicated.....
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You have to get used to squatting properly, more of a powerlifting stance than an olympic stance. Wide feet, toes pointed out, and grab each side of the crotch crossover opening and pull. Make sure you are leaned forward sufficiently to get the fabric out of the way. Then make sure you don't pee on your shoes.

Good luck OP.

This. It's the only way and you have to be commando :)
  • AleciaG724
    Options

Good luck OP.

This. It's the only way and you have to be commando :)

Success!!! I think I wasn't leaning far enough forward. Works great with this method! :) Thanks girls!!
  • AleciaG724
    Options
    My mind must be in the gutter. When you said it is crotchless for ease, going to the bathroom did not even occur to me at first. I have no idea. I have never even seen a girdle. I thought that Spanx were the thing these days?

It is a spanks type of thing, but made by a different company. I can see it being convenient for other activities, it'll be fun to surprise the hubby... ;)
  • AleciaG724
    Options
    I own exactly what you're talking about. I'm unsure why you're having such difficulties. And I even wore mine under this huge bridesmaid dress while consuming copious amounts of alcohol on one occasion without problems.

Best of luck.

Wow, I guess you are really coordinated, or I'm a special snowflake , but I got it after a few tries :)