A little help

Options
Hi guys,

I am fairly new to this , after an unsuccessful stint on Slimming World ( I found it too restrictive and my portion control went out of the window) I am now calorie counting.

I know it sounds silly but I am feeling a little anxious about eating. In the past I have been on mega restrictive diets and always failed , this time around I want to make a total lifestyle change , I am planning on lots of exercise and a healthy diet .

Is it ok to eat some of the calories back that I have burnt off due to exercise , and how accurate are the exercise calorie estimations ?

Replies

• prism1968
    prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd say definitely eat back exercise calories if you are hungry! Some days I seem fine, but other days I'm ravenous. I'm trying to make a LIFESTYLE change, too, this time around so am trying to just 'move on' after a binge.... AND figure out what triggers got me there.
    As to the calorie estimates, they were way off for me, but I think it is because I have the metabolism of a sloth ... I got a HRM and use it every time I exercise now.

Good luck!
  • plainsdame
    plainsdame Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great advice! I sent a friend request.