The Firm workout DVD's

Options
Has anyone used the Firm DVD's and if so did you have any success?

Replies

• CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used the Firm DVD's and if so did you have any success?

I used one of the original ones (The Susan Harris one). It was brutal but gave me some good results. I tried others after but never found them as result-giving as this one - if you can find it anymore.

This is the one I recommend. You'll have to get past the weird music and hmmm.....groans of Ms. Harris.

51R2VSFRSCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • fryebootgirl
    fryebootgirl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have used the Firm's DVD's and had great success with them in the past. There is one called Fat Blaster that I adore. It's an older one that I used to do 4 times per week and saw GREAT results with. I just ordered the Express series that incorporates interval training. It is very expensive on the Firm's website, but I found it brand new on amazon for $20.00. I'm looking forward to trying it! :)
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I have used them in the past and had good results. But I've moved on to other things and haven't pulled out a firm in ages. I have a slew of them that I'd be willing to sell super cheap (some are still shrink-wrapped). PM me if you're interested. :)
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    I can't believe I'm admitting I'm this old but I've used the Firm videos sporadically since the early 90s. At the time, it was almost considered exercise heresy...women lifting heavy weights? OMG how manly.
    Of course we know now that it's the best way to train but the Firm were pioneers.

There are many iterations throughout the years, some better than others. I found the high step excellent for developing a nice round butt (which has never gone away regardless of my levels of fitness throughout the years).

You may find that you want to heavy up at some points.

I think it all just depends on what you enjoy.
  • lane112409
    lane112409 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies I have 2 on the way from Ebay so they were super cheap!! I will give them a try and see what I get I will let you all know. On the box it says results in 10 workouts. Right now I have been riding my bike for 3 months 6 days a week and have lost 32 lbs I just want to change it up a little.
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    I definitely saw results in 10 workouts with it being the first weight workout I did.

I'm not sure which ones you bought but the Susan Harris one is (as noted) brutal...but pretty campy for '14. :)

Still the form pointers (particularly in the newer ones) I thought were quite good.