Greetings Friends!

Options
Hello!
My name is Stacie. I started my lifestyle change about 4 months ago at my heaviest ever (217 lbs). I wasn't seeing too much of a difference in the scale for a while but I did realize that it was most likely due to muscle gain so I didn't let that get me down. I was once 140 lbs and healthy. At the beginning of 2011, I was 203 lbs and happy to say I am now 196 lbs 2 weeks later. My goal in the long run is to be 135-140 lbs. I am trying for 8-10 lbs a month. I have friends who support me and vice versa so failure is NOT an option. I am loving MyFitnessPal so far and look forward to the friends I may meet. I hope all that join stick with their lifestyle change and realize that it shouldn't be a "diet" and can feel better about themselves. Good luck in all you do! :)

Replies

• tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! And CONGRATULATIONS!!

This site is AWESOME! Everyone here is so helpful and supportivie.

Feel free to add me if you want.
  • safetyscott
    safetyscott Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome...add me as wellif you want.
  • hollyagl75
    Options
    Hi! I'm Holly! I am also new to this site and I am loving it so far. I love that everything is at my finger tips and that the site is free! I would like to lose 20-30 pounds. I am traveling to Florida at the end of May with my family, and would really like to buy a cute new bathing suit. Any suggestions or comments for me are appreciated! Thanks :)
  • steampunkgirl
    Options
    Welcome Stacy. I have just started out on this site and I am in the same boat as you. My ideal weight is 135-140 and thats my goal. I am 210. This site has helped me be aware of what I am eating and holding me accountable to myself. Having to log in the exercise gets me moving. I just need to remember to log it. Welcome and add me as well if you like.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hello Holly!
    Stick to the recommended cal intake for MFP and do your best to consume less sodium than is even recommended (I shoot for 1800 max instead of 2500) You can replace about half of your intake with a salt substitute which has potassium that most people don't get enough of. (about 1/2 teaspoon/day). Drink plenty of water. I do not eat the "rewarded" calories from exercise. Carbs are not the bad guy, just stick with whole grain. I work out 5 times a week and shoot for 500 cals burned each day. Cardio is the best way to shed pounds. And allow yourself a small reward each week to keep yourself grounded. (I like peaches with the sauce in a jar or marischino cherries) Don't get discouraged if one week you don't see as much progress as another! Stick to the plan and I'm sure you'll be 30+ lbs lighter by the end of May. Good luck and if you ever need help or support let me know!
  • staciekins
    Options
    Welcome steampunkgirl!
    I know it can be very hard to log everything everyday as life can be busy. You just have to try to make it a habit, like checking your email. Once it becomes a habit, you"ll speed through your logs like nothing. And as I told Holly, don't get discouraged if one week you don't see as much progress with another. This is not a "diet" it is a lifestyle change. Good luck and if you ever need help or support let me know!
  • steampunkgirl
    Options
    Thanks Stacie! It is a lifestyle change and I am ready for it. Just did the jump start workout DVD. I was at first discouraged that I was more out of shape then I thought. But then I changed my thinking around to "I am working up a sweat and in 30 days this will be easy if I take it one day at a time." :-) Thanks for the support and if you need any support as well let me know.

"No one would have crossed the ocean if they could have gotten of the ship in a storm." -Anonymous
  • staciekins
    Options
    @steampunkgirl
    I know exactly what you mean. When I first started working out I couldn't be on the bike for 2 minutes without feeling like I was going to die! And forget the elliptical! I use to call it the suicide machine. It has gotten easier and easier each day. Now I have surpassed the bike completely and burn 2x the amount of cals on the elliptical for 15 minutes and then treadmill for 30! Some days are harder than others, but then I think about how happy I was when I was at a healthy weight and how happy I can be and nothing can stop me :)