Need some Motivation now

Options
I've been doing great with food and exercise! Thursday allowed myself to take the day off from exercise, except for walking the dog. Yesterday was Friday, the end of a stressful week; I just didn't get moitvated to exercise. It is Saturday morning, and there is no good excuse. I know I need to pick my butt up and just do it - but after taking two days off, it is hard pushing through that. The battle in my head is driving me crazy. Any drill sargents or Jillians out there who can give me a quick push or reminder as to why I'm here????

Replies

• MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You have to be careful, when I take "a day off" I have to keep my mental state "on" because otherwise I fall fast.

You need to do this for you. You set a goal and you dont want to let that go now!

"I hold the key that put myself into the place that I'm at, and I have the key to unlock this box and let myself out."
  • scottg9999
    Options
    Simple... get your workout in NOW and you are done and will feel good about yourself for the rest of the day.
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Get off your bottom and go to the gym. I was going to take today off; but tell you what we can do a calorie war instead. I bet you I will burn more calories than you today at the gym!!!!!
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Options
    Think back as to why you started this journey in the first place. I hear you loud and clear. Normally I take Saturdays off from exercise but this week I took Thursday due to being excessively tired and injuryed my shoulder. I did not feel like exercising this morning and looking out the window seeing this winter snow storm motivation was pretty low but I made myself do it anyway and feel great. There are days you will feel this way but you need to push yourself and turn off you what's being said in your head and press on. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    It helps me if I can stop thinking about what I "should" do and start thinking of it as something I "want" to do. Think of how it makes you feel....stronger, leaner, self confident, etc....and stop thinking of it as a chore. Easier said than done, I know. I'm still working on it myself. I am making progress on it though.

Now, go take a walk :bigsmile:
  • bleigh1964
    bleigh1964 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, just what I needed.
    Thanks for the quick response!
    ..... Kenziekid you are on - I'll touch back later with the calories I've burned

b