175 lbs down. From Morbid Obese to Half Marathoner

Options

Replies

• tanyar23
    tanyar23 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!!! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Your determination and results are amazing! Congratulations, and thanks for the inspiration!
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Keep it up!
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Well done.
  • lemonsnlove
    lemonsnlove Posts: 200
    Options
    You are seriously amazing!
  • christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Lady, you are just pure awesome. So inspiring! :)
  • BusyBirdMommy
    Options
    I think I just need to hang out in this thread any time I feel a craving - how motivating!!! Thank you for sharing your story - and a huge congratulations on all of your hard work!
  • Caseyann2501
    Caseyann2501 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your amazing success story! This is a great inspiration :smile:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    you are my hero.
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable!! Be proud of yourself and of what you've acccomplished. This is inspiring in so many ways!!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goals!!
  • karlarmstrong9214
    Options
    hfd
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Really nice writing. I felt I was right there with ya during this journey. And LUV the body scan. I wouldn't mind having something like that for myself.

GREAT JOB!!
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the support. I enjoyed reading what everyone had to say and I hope everyone can feel what a I do now. Keep up the work and I am glad my journey can help someone else.
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This post is so inspiring and motivating to me, @bobbijodmb! Thank you for posting it. :D

I really love this in particular...
    Some things that have helped me:
    **Small steps- I was very resistant to change. So 175 lbs ago the things that I am doing now would have completely frightened me and made me not want to continue. But it took small changes over time and I don't miss anything.
    **Being open about my journey. I saw the biggest changes happen when I was ok talking about my weight, my weight gain and my weight loss. I feel like an open book.
    **Finding support. Throughout my journey I have had to change some of my support. Most everyone was supportive at the beginning. When you are over 300 lbs, most people are more than willing to support someone. But I noticed, the smaller I get, some people struggle with this. Some of my friends were a lot more supportive when I was way bigger than them, vs now that I am smaller than them.
    **Find a workout that you love. I started out with water aerobics, walking, the elliptical. I loved these- now they drive me crazy. I found zumba and kick boxing and spinning. Now my new love is running and being outside and being active in life.
    **Life is about moving more and experiencing more. I was always a believer that my weight didn't define me. But looking back it did. There were life events that I didn't try and subconsciously it had everything to do with my weight, I just didn't want to admit it. For example- I never kayaked until last year-- I said it was stupid, looked boring, etc. After I got outside my comfort zone, I loved it and realized that I would have NEVER done that when I was overweight. NEVER. So for me, it was admitting how much it stopped me from completely enjoying life at times.

The other day, I had an awesome experience at Clark's. We were talking to a nutritional consultant that works there, but what amazed me was that when he asked (in a polite way) what I weighed so that he could make recommendations, I had no qualms telling him. Even though I am still close to my starting weight, due to being just under a month into my journey. It made me really happy to be able to tell him that and not have any qualms about it. A small thing, I know, but still. :)

Right now my preferred workout is still Just Dance 3 and 2014 on the Wii, but I love it. Hopefully tomorrow I can check out the gym that's about a mile and a half away… and maybe sometimes I'll even walk there! Sometime soon I wanna see about zumba too. I would say more but I've already rambled too much.

Thank you again for your post, @bobbijodmb!
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Congrats on your healthy changes!
  • carfanman
    carfanman Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    awesome job, woot woot
  • DaniDC28
    DaniDC28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this post!! Thank you for sharing!!
  • kimsinrud
    kimsinrud Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    THANK you for sharing this. So, did you go on a specific diet or just made eating lifestyle changes? Did you cut out certain foods altogether (like alcohol or sugar) Please tell me more!! And congrats!!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Stunning transformation!!! You are amazing. Thank you for sharing this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!