Looking for new friends with any goal!

Options
Hello MFP! My name is Rachel and I am looking for new friends on here! I currently have about 68lbs to lose and I've lost 15 before joining this site. I had actually lost more, but it is slowly starting to creep back. With the help of my doctor and a nutritionist, I'm on a 1,200cal diet. Please don't send me messages about how this is unhealthy! I'm quite short (5'1") and have gotten professional opinions.

Other than that, I am a grad student at UGA and have two babies in the form of cats!

My goal is to be active on here everyday so feel free to add me :)

Replies

• DemetraDawn
    DemetraDawn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm a short girl with an end goal of about 40 pounds weight loss (though I have my ticker set at my smaller goal right now). Feel free to add me :)
  • chewnadaa
    chewnadaa Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello!! I am karissa and I lost about 30lbs after dieting for 8 months. Today I just checked my weight and it went up by 5lbs..feel very depressed and I really want to lose this 5lbs and maybe more. Can we be friends so we can track each others progress? I am 5 ft 2 and 119lbs.
  • dillasa
    dillasa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am a post-doc at UGA :) I have about 35 lb left to loose and I am also on 1200 kcal a day
  • jazzerle
    jazzerle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello there - I am also a short one...5'1" and seriously working to lose 20 lbs. (OK, technically 18 lbs - I have managed to lose 2) My goal is 135. My big problem is age I think - somehow when I turned 50 my body got a mind of it's own. I exercise quite a bit but just can't seem to get the weight off. A Dr. recommended this site for me last week. So far I'm really liking it!
  • jazzerle
    jazzerle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi -- may I ask what you normally eat for breakfast? I'm also on a 1200 calorie/day.
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and have 43 pounds to go and no I don't think 1200 calories is too small. But I know some well intentioned people like to say so, becasue they probably don't take into consideration a persons size and calorie requirements being different for different sizes. Any way I would love to be friends if you want to add me. I think this journey should have as much positive and encouraging company as this boat we are all in can handle. So if you don't mind an older woman with a sort of snappy sometimes kind of sarcastic way about her then we would be perfect friends.:flowerforyou:
  • Doreen9686
    Doreen9686 Posts: 62
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 23 lbs to go to reach my goal. I am 51 years old and 5'3'' so any extra weight looks bad on me :frown: Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • missbutton82
    missbutton82 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow petite ladies!! I'm 5'1 and am looking to lose 40 pounds myself. I've managed to lose so far 11 with bootcamp and a nutrition coach but I know I still have a long journey ahead of me. Please feel free to add me! :)
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! feel free to add me!
  • feydevilwoman
    feydevilwoman Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request; welcome!
  • superdeedooper
    superdeedooper Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 46 y/o, my goal is to reach 160. My reward at 160 is a new pair of my favorite jeans. I've been off & on with weight loss and healthier living. I finally got it in my head that I prefer the smaller me so I want to be that girl and stay that girl. :smile:

I'm sending a friend request and I'm open to any other friend requests for folks with goals for weight loss and a healthier lifestyle.
  • ARoe9410
    ARoe9410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! My name is Allison and I guess I'm the giant of the group at 5'4 :) I had a baby 4 months ago and would really like to see all this extra weight come off. I have about 60 lbs to lose - only gained about 35 from the baby, but was overweight to begin with. Please feel free to add me as a friend as well!
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Feel free to add me...support here is great.
  • tvonkeman
    tvonkeman Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey! I have about 70 lbs to lose (just a wee bit more than you! :P) But I would love to be friends on here, hopefully help you keep active on here:) Feel free to add me :)
  • rd72578
    rd72578 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied/messaged/friend requested me! I'm very happy to come together for our life changing goals :)
  • OregonGal1964
    Options
    I am 49 years old, have over 100 lbs to lose, and log/comment daily...anyone feel free to add me
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I'm on a 1200 cal diet too. I'm 5'2 and have about 40-50 pounds to lose. I just returned to MFP and have already dropped 5-1/2 pounds this week. We can do it!
  • Phaedra_27
    Phaedra_27 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also short (5'2") and am looking to lose about 20lbs. Wishing you the best of luck from Michigan! Feel free to add if you like :)