Blackberry Question

Options
kylielouttit
kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
Hi, I have a BB Curve and I have only had it for a couple weeks so I know nothing about it. Right now it's telling me I have 2 new text (not bbm) messages and I don't! How do I re-set that or find these mysterious messages? Also, how do I move the programs I want to the main screen?

Replies

• aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    i think it's a common hardware problem in blackberrys. :/
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    take the battery off and reboot.
  • kylielouttit
    Options
    take the battery off and reboot.

I did. I think I might take it back to the store and see if they will exchange it. Yesterday it crashed big time while I was uploading a photo on to FB. I had to delete facebook to fix it.
  • brandnewgirl
    Options
    download the quick pull app on your phone as well it resets it everynight and it works faster but doesnt mess with or delete anything u have on there.
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    I have a blackberry and can't wait for the MFP app. As for your question, I too was bothered by the new message icon at the top of my display when I knew I had already deleted or read my message(s). The thing is, they appear in a couple of different places. An e-mail can appear in e-mail folder and also the "messages" folder. Calls can also appear in the call log and the messages folder and the SMS folder (I think - I don't text and so I have that one hidden). You can be "read" or acknowledged in one, but that doesn't clear out the flag until you "read" or delete the other. As for moving, find the icon you want to move. If it is on a different screen than "home" (the main screen you see when you touch your screen), then you touch the icon-then press the blackberry icon button- then hit "move to folder". Select "home", and the icon will appear at the bottom of the icons on the home screen. If you want to move the icon WITHIN the same screen, touch the icon-then touch the blackberry icon button and select MOVE-touch on the screen WHERE YOU WANT THE ICON TO BE-then touch the blackberry icon again and select "complete move." Sounds confusing but once you do it a few times it will be much easier. I hope I explained it correctly.
  • brandnewgirl
    Options
    I just got the torch and i think they take a little time to get use to it. I always get a text from my facebook and a facebook message so i have to remember to check both or it will not go away.
  • abalina
    abalina Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i had the same problem you have to do a batterie pull. pull the batterie out while its still on then put it back in and turn it on and then its going to re load its self and then the 2 notifications should be gone :)
  • kylielouttit
    Options
    i had the same problem you have to do a batterie pull. pull the batterie out while its still on then put it back in and turn it on and then its going to re load its self and then the 2 notifications should be gone :)

Thanks! I tried it again and it worked! Not sure what I did differently this time but whatever!

Moving the three icons still wont work. I want them to be on the main screen, where my picture is. Not the screen you get to by pushing the BB button.
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    Okay, on my storm I can configure it for one, two or three rows visible. If you want the icon to be visible without activating the full screen you have to move the icons you want to see into those rows. In my case I opt to show only one row, so I would have to have the icons in the top row of my "home" screen or folder. If I need more rows I have to push the blackberry icon button, then select options, then LAYOUT. There I can change the number of rows visible with the desktop picture.