I have a friend who may be stout...

Options
Hello everyone

What a great idea this is.

One of my problems is that I'm tall (6'2") and well built so people don't comment that I have put weight on until I'm REALLY overweight! ("I carry it well", I believe is the expression). So I find myself now at 18st (252lbs) and wanting to lose about 28 of those pounds.

My other problem is that suggestions about foods that will "make me feel full for ages!" are no good to me - I just love eating, whether I'm full or not! However, I can be quite disciplined once I get up a bit of momentum, and this looks like the kind of site that will give me some incentive. The "food diary" is working already - I'm failing to keep under the bar, but not by much and I'm eating a LOT less and thinking of things to cut out like (light) butter etc.

Anyway, hoping to be communing with you all soon...

Regards and good luck -

Brendan.

Replies

• corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    Hello! You'll find it's easy to eat the better food if you really want to lose the weight. I didn't find grain bread appealing until I realized I needed something to fill my belly to avoid snacking all day. :happy:
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    Hello! You'll find it's easy to eat the better food if you really want to lose the weight. I didn't find grain bread appealing until I realized I needed something to fill my belly to avoid snacking all day. :happy:
  • qtrhrsewoman
    Options
    I too love to eat....doesn't matter if it is healthy or not. I love food. I've also been told that "I carry my weight well" and people never believe what I actually weigh. So keep it up and I promise this site can keep you motivated!
  • BrendanJabbers
    Options
    Thanks y'all...you're right QT, healthy doesn't come into it! Faced with a choice of healthy porridge or (yuck) yogurt for breakfast, I'll have a couple of slices of toast with jam every time! Well, I've forced the porridge down the last couple of days, with some nuts and raisins to make it bearable. It's just habit...I love to start the day with something crunchy and sweet with a cup of coffee or tea, and when I know I'm not going to eat again for four hours the prospect of a bowl of porridge isn't very appealing! Oh well, the journey of a thousand miles starts with one step...