Hello from Florida!

Options
Hello Everyone! I am new here. I just discovered this site this morning and am so excited to get started. I have a lot to lose and so much to gain if you know what I mean. No more dieting though, I am only focused on healthy eating and getting moving. I love swimming and anything outdoors. Unfortunately for the past few years I have not been able to do much of either so my first goal is going to be to ease back into activity. This site is fantastic. I especially love the ability to set goals and the recipe builder feature. I cook a lot and mostly from scratch so this tool will help so much.

I would love to find a support network here as I begin this process. I started a blog this morning and am making a promise to myself that I will post at least once a day as it is therapeutic to me.

I look forward to getting to know many of you and wish you all the best on your own journeys! :heart:

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    My name is Greg and my weight loss journey began two years ago. I was at my heaviest (332) and things were not good. I couldn't keep up with my kids, I was tired all the time, and my doctor told me that my cholesterol was on the rise! I decided something needed to change. I started walking, and eventually doing some weight training. I am down over 105 pounds! I feel so much better, and I love supporting and encouraging people to do the same. I would be happy to be an accountability partner with you. I still have some weight to lose, so we can work at it together! Getting your nutrition under control is a big key to losing weight. I can share what has worked for me if you are interested. If you work hard, I know you can reach your goal! So what do ya say? Are you in?
  • Kristafischer70
    Kristafischer70 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm also in Florida (tampa) what a great state we live in!! Congrats on finding this site, I just discovered it as we'll and love the meal and food counts, helps me tremendously!! Good luck on your new and exciting journey!
  • aubtimusprime
    aubtimusprime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm currently living in NY but am hoping to move to FL after I finish nursing school. I'm thinking of Brandon/Tampa area to work at the big healthcare center they have. Lived in Orlando before, loved it, can't wait to go back. I also can't wait to go on ALL THE CRUISES I WANT since I won't have to worry about flying. I think the cruising will help me to stay in shape. I'm currently getting IN shape for a possible wedding (hopefully my own!) next year and a cruise in April. Good luck with your goals! Feel free to add me. I log every day.