Hello from Ireland

Options
Greetings All!

Just wanted to introduce myself as another newbie.
I'm a 30 year old female from Dublin, Ireland. I work in financial services and I'm studying law part time.

Started this on Tuesday and I've lost 2lbs already. I'm loving the barcode scanner, although a lot of the Irish products are not recognised - but hopefully with time that will rectify itself when I've input all my favourite foods.

Along with the calorie counting I'm also jogging now that I'm down to a healthier size, I couldn't do it at my starting weight of almost 249lbs, but now that I'm at 212 I'm so much fitter :)

Replies

• lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    well done on the weightloss so far, welcome to MFP its a great site feel free to add me as a friend,
    im also from ireland but from the north near belfast.
    i now currently live in england.
  • hamster123
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I'm from Dublin too. I've been using mfp for about 6 mnths now it's great, helps to track your calories and exercise obviously, but finding other people in the same situation as yourself is a great source of support. Feel free to add me! Anyway keep going it will take time and effort but you will make your goal. Well Done so far!
  • ballwebhost
    ballwebhost Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Also a hello from myself from southern Ireland, Cork :)!

Long time user of my fitness pal (February 2010!) but first time poster on the forums ! :D
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great work. This is a great sight. I wish you all the best. If you need some motivation just leave a post.
  • roscreagirl
    roscreagirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined 5 days ago myself, and I think it’s brilliant it’s great to read all the positive stories, I am from Ireland also.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Well hello nice to see another Dub here I am a Dub too living in Tipperary now tho:wink: Welcome and hi to everyone else :drinker: You'll love it here :laugh: been here since June 09 and have met some lovely people who give great advice and support :bigsmile:

Sending you a FR the more the merrier :flowerforyou:
  • michie1979
    michie1979 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :) Im from Drogheda, Ireland. Nice to see some other Irish people on here :)
  • rcrea
    rcrea Posts: 80
    Options
    Greetings from the States! Sounds like you are on the right track. WELCOME!!!!
  • michie1979
    michie1979 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    whats the barcode scanner??
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    whats the barcode scanner??

If you keep an eye on Mikes blog he updates it with new releases for the mobiles/site :bigsmile: This is the one about the scanner :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mike/view/android-update-available-now-with-barcode-scanning-51420
  • araic
    araic Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind messages, great to see a lot more Irish here too :)
    The barcode scanner is on the mobile app for my android phone, I'm sure the iphone app has it too.
  • rorjoe
    rorjoe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi from Ireland too - thanks for the heads up on the bar code scanner
  • shellybelly88
    Options
    Hi all Iv jus recently joined an am from dublin too.. I have lost weight previously wi WW (64lbs) but have put some of it back on now.. Iv around 30lbs to lose now an am hoping 2011 I can get to goal.. Im in final yr in college so would like to reach my goal along wi graduation!!

I Hope you all have a good weekend,, I wil be studyin as I have finals :) No gym til monday for me !! :)
  • carmelmin
    carmelmin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is carmel and i come from tipp,but living in laois..i joined last monday and so far i have lost 3 lbs...I just love this site,everyone is so helpful and we all have one thing in common..loose the weight and feel good about ourselves...best of luck and please feel free to add me..:bigsmile: